Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

must-have-car or bike insurance

I think I am ok looking at this as my bikes have stood still since bfore 98
The exceptions are:

• if you have made a SORN for the vehicle
  • if your vehicle has been kept off-road since before SORN came into force on 31 January 1998 – unless it was brought back into use
  • if your vehicle is recorded as stolen, passed or sold to the motor trade or between registered keepers
  • if your vehicle is recorded scrapped or permanently exported by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing (DVLA)

another way of rakeing in revenue fighting

@day101 wrote:
@lee wrote:
agreeagree

f****ng goverment want to tax the oxygen stealers of this world. angry

as long as you remember to sorn your bikes i don't see a problem, however as we all moan about uninsured drivers/riders i just hope they follow through with their threats and crush peoples vehicles if caught with no insurance otherwise its a pointless excercise.

@lee wrote:

I'd guess most on here would be mightily pissed if they were hit by an uninsured driver. This "new" law changes nothing for us law abiding citizens. If our vehicles are taxed ie on the road, they're insured. If not, they're SORNed. What it does do is lay the burden of blame on the driver to be insured. I don't really have a problem with that. Smile