Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

clutch lever sqeek

My b12 mk1 as above is squeeking and doing my head in, been told by gravelrash that I'm missing a rubbber bung that goes in the end of the housing, I presume to stop muck getting in.

If this is right then a little 3 in 1 oil will do the trick but am I missing this rubber bung?

Help!!!!!!!h

think you get them rubber bungs in a seal kit,try a little oil see how it goes thumbs

oh yeah yours is hydrolic not cable. just wondering is it a juddering sqeak?

That's the seal, although it's more a protective boot really, chances are you prob got it there, the lever/ pivot pin dries out over time and as Lee advises, just lubricate the lever, pin housing, try to keep solvent excessive oil off the seal under the boot as it degrades the seal. thumbs

@lee wrote:
think its this you need,its te second seal in from the left top one not 100% but sure someone will know for sure

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSF1200-GSF-Bandit-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Kit-/120693686051?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c19e77f23

Thinks that the one lee, at work at mo. When I looked at it today I don't think that was there. I might just buy the seal kit and give it a overhaul.
Cheers m8 thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@lee wrote:
think its this you need,its te second seal in from the left top one not 100% but sure someone will know for sure

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSF1200-GSF-Bandit-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Kit-/120693686051?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c19e77f23

Thinks that the one lee, at work at mo. When I looked at it today I don't think that was there. I might just buy the seal kit and give it a overhaul.
Cheers m8 thumbs
no worrys do what rob suggested at the same time he knows his stuff thumbs

Petroleum jelly (vaseline) won't effect the seal if you can use it, Short term fix cut the finger off a rubber/latex glove maybe?