Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

close shave

toddling up the A161 yesterday at a "reasonable" pace,theres a lovely long fast left hand bend just before you get into goole.enter bend at around 80 ish only to see a f*****g pheasant wandering across the road right in front of me.stand the bike up,hard on the brakes and ran across the other side of the road,luckily there wasnt anything coming but thats another of my 9 lives gone and a new pair of underpants on order. then as im nearly home some dozy mare decides to nearly have me off when she spots a parking space on my side of the road and cuts straight across in front of me.Did i mention the pigeon that tried to hitch a ride through Driffield,or the squirrel that darted across the road and i missed by about a foot. It seems like sometimes i just get days like that when it seems like all the worlds out to get me.

i hear that. yesterday i was like fook me 2 mile journet, had 2 people pull out, one reverse out, someone walked out, and countless else

You were lucky mate, i hit a pheseant last year at around 60mph i thought id broke me hand then it flicked up and clipped the side of me helmet ps take that corner a bit slower next time there could be something bigger than a pheasant next time you were lucky thumbs

Have a lot of fields near me and also the problem off farmers leaving mud on rd so always a little careful.
Take care m8 its a minefield out there thumbsthumbsthumbs

You broke a mirror lately matey?
Had to duck yesterday to stop a pigeon hitting my head Shocked

hit a buzzard once overtaking ,
the bloody thing flew up from the grass verge as i was overtaking a coach, it hit the screen smashing it to peices, slammed into my chest and left blood and shite all over my helmet (ffffnnnaaarrr) , luckily managed to control the bike but there was a few white faces on the coach and a nice brown streak in my pants,

@jezza wrote:
hit a buzzard once overtaking ,
the bloody thing flew up from the grass verge as i was overtaking a coach, it hit the screen smashing it to peices, slammed into my chest and left blood and shite all over my helmet (ffffnnnaaarrr) , luckily managed to control the bike but there was a few white faces on the coach and a nice brown streak in my pants,
foflaffraid i bet affraid