Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

Tyres both or just rear?

Gonna order two new tyres tmorrow (Pilot Road 2) Sorry (Mark) Haveugot1 but I know these work well for me, but the Maxxis were tempting. My question is: the rear is completely finished but there is still a bit of life in the front is it worth just replacing the rear or change as a set?

If there is only a bit left in the front cut your losses and so both thumbs And good choice of tyre thumbscan see this changing in to another one of those tyre choice threads head banglol!

A pair of Maxxis Sport Touring mate-DK and others do deals on pairs and they are extremely good value tyres. Coming up to 3k on mine still got half left on the rear, front doesn't look any different. Smile

A pair of Maxxis Sport Touring mate-DK and others do deals on pairs and they are extremely good value tyres. Coming up to 3k on mine still got half left on the rear, front doesn't look any different. Smile

But what are they like in the wet Jack? use my bike for work quite a lot and the Michelins work really well. Haveugot1 recently got a pair of Maxxis but dont think has been used in the wet yet.

But what are they like in the wet Jack? use my bike for work quite a lot and the Michelins work really well. Haveugot1 recently got a pair of Maxxis but dont think has been used in the wet yet.

Not had a problem in my that regard. I always take it easy in the wet anyway as all the crap floats to the top of the road surface & frankly no tyre can help you out on that score. Best to just ease off. Bear in mind this is on a ZZR1200 so on a Bandit (lighter, less power) I think you'd be sound. Smile

use what your confident with... i have VP2 supersports on my zed and had VP2's on the SV, and the SV had d220's before that always tried to spit me off... so if your happy with a tyre, keep with it.

And i will never use them in the wet i love the dry. But MAXXIS ALL THE WAY thumbsfoflfofl

The best tyres ive found is the black round ones LaughingLaughing

Guest Guest
just change the set then you only have to run em in once as opposed to the rear now and then the front again in 2 or 300 miles witch would piss me off a bit. also if you change as a set you can have anything you like.

do the set and flog your front on ebay, or get a rear and replace both next time ( as on average you get 2 rears to a front )

@haveugot1 wrote:
Have u bought the maxxis then m8? thumbs

Sorry Mark taking both wheels down tomorrow pilot road 2's Very Happy £40 more than the Maxis but i know they work well for me thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

Sorry Mark taking both wheels down tomorrow pilot road 2's Very Happy £40 more than the Maxis but i know they work well for me thumbs

I wouldn't change them if u trust em m8, especially the milage u do.

@haveugot1 wrote:

youve got to get what feels best for you, if we all liked one brand all the rest would have no business would they thumbs