Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Went here on this today nice

Had a bit of ride around powys today on this BMWR100T 1980
Was a nice bimble.

Bro in law's got exact same model in a rather groovy burnt orange but he never uses it. Shame really. Smile

Excellent pics Gaz were exaclty was it thumbs

great pics gaz nice to see the old girl get an airing thumbs

Nice looking bike in good scenery. Only ever found one problem with Wales though, it's full of Welsh people foflfofl.

Seriously though. It's somewhere I've always fancied going. Anyone on suggestions for a "short break"? Rather than the usual "tourist" areas.

It's somewhere I've always fancied going. Anyone on suggestions for a "short break"? Rather than the usual "tourist" areas.

I've been toying with the idea of a couple of nights in Chester which puts me spitting distance from Wales. The tourist areas are so called for good reason-they're the best bits, so I reckon you've got to put up with that, although plenty of minor roads in Snowdonia, round Trawsfynnydd for example. I'd like to just do a nice loop, A55 coast road Conwy to Caernarfon, then inland, Llanberis Pass etc. Could be a good couple of hundred miles to be had. thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

Stu, its about 5 mile from Crossgates.

@XS1100 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Typicall i live 20mins away and havent found that spot ile have to find it thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@XS1100 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Typicall i live 20mins away and havent found that spot ile have to find it thumbs
agree

@day101 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@XS1100 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

agree
We will have to find that spot thumbs

It's 40 mins from you Very Happy A44 over the rounderbout at Crossgates 1st/2ND OR 3RD on your right just after the pub on your left.Very Narrow twisty lane single track.

@XS1100 wrote:
It's 40 mins from you Very Happy A44 over the rounderbout at Crossgates 1st on your right just after the pub on your left.
thumbs cheers Gaz we normally ride straight past it, perhaps we should learn to turn the main roads from time to time thumbs

If you want a realy off beat road do the Abergwesyn pass over to Tregaron.
A44 Left to Hundred house/ Builth Wells left and left past the little chef and the Texaco Garage over the bridge right though Builth to A483 Cilmery keep going to Llanfechan,Keep going till you pass the Trout pub On you right hand side then take the next right down past some bungalows(you will pass a forest cafe fag break) and follow that road to the Abergwesyn pass and on to Tregaron (Pub grub on the left as you enter) then head to Aberystwyth (some left handers well wicked) where you can then return back down the A44 or the Aberystwyth mountain road ive usaly had enough of slow roads by this time and blag back down the A44 to Rhayader.
If I was as close to you I would do it every weekend! thumbs If you think man and machine are up to it give ago and post some pics it will be the best scenic ride in ages,,,,,,,,,,
I did it on this many time's its a 350 mile round trip for me, I use to do it every year on Sept 11 with out fail for many years up and till a few years ago.

@XS1100 wrote:
If you want a realy off beat road do the Abergwesyn pass over to Tregaron.
A44 Left to Hundred house/ Builth Wells left and left past the little chef and the Texaco Garage over the bridge right though Builth to A483 Cilmery keep going to Llanfechan,Keep going till you pass the Trout pub On you right hand side then take the next right down past some bungalows(you will pass a forest cafe fag break) and follow that road to the Abergwesyn pass and on to Tregaron (Pub grub on the left as you enter) then head to Aberystwyth (some left handers well wicked) where you can then return back down the A44 or the Aberystwyth mountain road ive usaly had enough of slow roads by this time and blag back down the A44 to Rhayader.
If I was as close to you I would do it every weekend! thumbs If you think man and machine are up to it give ago and post some pics it will be the best scenic ride in ages,,,,,,,,,,
I did it on this many time's its a 350 mile round trip for me, I use to do it every year on Sept 11 with out fail for many years up and till a few years ago.

Thanks Gaz its much appreciated sometimes ive got to be honest, id rather go for a little blip at slow speeds and take the time to take in the scenary gotta get out to these sorts of roads for sure thumbs

If we get a good Sunny Sunday I take you on a bimble.