Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

not a happy person, thanks top gear!

Guest Guest
just watched tonights topgear and after seeing there used car awesome finds i had a little poke round autrader to see what i could have got for the same price or less then i paid for my 2.0 Subaru legacy 2007 with 37k on the clock. to my great annoyance i found that for 2k-4 k less depending on milage i could have had the 3.0 spec B model with full leather interior, heated seats and an extra 100bhp!!!! granted the insurance was just shy of an extra 1K but with the saving i could have probably done that. DAM DAM DAM DAM DAM!!!!

Yeah with a good poke about there is some good cars about,
Im trying to find a good pug 207 hdi for between 3.5k & 4.5k with low milage.

ITS hard..

Selling my little corsa 1.3cdti 05 for 2.3k..

@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

Plastic french cars lol. WHY!! affraid

Guest Guest
@day101 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

cheap to buy, cheap to run and easy to mod if the fancy takes you that way, good little cars.

@airlock wrote:
@day101 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

cheap to buy, cheap to run and easy to mod if the fancy takes you that way, good little cars.
agree got to be honest me wifeys likkle citroen hasnt let us down in 4 years weve had her, allthough i must admit i dont drive it...i havent owned a car for years they just bore me senseless, but thats just my opinion, as long as it starts im happy thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

Keep the Corsa, Pugs are crap they fall apart Very Happy

yeah but corsa's are a women's car! lol me misses has had her pug 106 for just over a year, 140k+ on the clock and still runs perfectly lol 53BHP from a 1.5L Diesel when new, probs only has about 10 now but still starts and runs fine and hasnt fallen to bits Very Happy

I have not long picked up a little pug 206 van with the little 1.4 turbo diesel in it, had it about 3 months and can't fault it so far drives real nice and does 60mpg if you drive steady. It's on a 56 plate with low miles only gave £2300 for it so deffo some bargains out there.

I run a W reg combo van. We call it the shed cause it is. Yet has 153k on the clock and still goes. Cost me 300 & I'm not spending a penny more on it apart form keeping it legal for the road.

Don't like the corsa but it is bloody good on fuel. Had a pug partner van and it was fookin brilliant van.

So going on that a pug it will be next..

@airlock wrote:
@day101 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

mod?!?! been there done that but learnt from it, form a very clever person whos worked at the top of these big car companies. why do you think car companies spend millions designing a car for a little boy racer to stick lowering springs on it and change the wheel offset and says it handles better! leave it standard its the best way! thumbs

Guest Guest
@day101 wrote:
@airlock wrote:
@day101 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

ITS hard..

mod?!?! been there done that but learnt from it, form a very clever person whos worked at the top of these big car companies. why do you think car companies spend millions designing a car for a little boy racer to stick lowering springs on it and change the wheel offset and says it handles better! leave it standard its the best way! thumbs

im not suggesting this is the way to go, personally i would take all who modify cars and put them in camps for re-education but i know a few people who have done well with pugs.

@darkember wrote:

Keep the Corsa, Pugs are crap they fall apart Very Happy

I disagree my good fellow! I am the proud (and possibly sad) owner of a mint condition 1996!! pug 306, not a spot of rust anywhere, starts and runs/drives like a dream and no play in any of the bearings/joints. They just don't make em like they used to! Laughing

my uncle has a 1993 306 D that he bought off my ex boss for the grand sum of £150. Apart from routine service stuff and the common fuel stop solenoid and alternator faults, it has been perfect and is still going strong. It wasn't serviced for 3 years until I did it earlier this year Very Happy but was still running well. Just the cambelt to be done soon and he'll probably get many many more years out of it. No-one expected it to last more than a year or 2 for that kind of money. It was used as a loan car at the garage I worked at so was used and abused constantly.

You wouldn't get that from a newer french car

@airlock wrote:
@day101 wrote:
@airlock wrote:
@day101 wrote:

im not suggesting this is the way to go, personally i would take all who modify cars and put them in camps for re-education but i know a few people who have done well with pugs.
agree