Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pugeyed

longer side stand...

so since i finished rebuilding the bandit its had a bit of a lean to it since i jacked the back end up abit, so thought i would buy a cheap standard side stand from egay and lengthen it.

only have the one photo due to me being lazy, but basically i cut it in half underneth where the spring mounts, otherwise you will need a longer spring and your into another world of pain.

its a solid stand which makes it easier so i drilled an 8mm hole in the foot end and again in the other half.
found some 8mm steel and tacked it in place.

ive since filled the rest of the hole with weld all the way round and flatted it off ,will get some more pics 2morrow, still needs some work but its getting there.

also need to lengthen the foot rest that you kick it down with
as sometimes i find it difficult (getting old )
Embarassed

so will update 2morrow and sorry for ranting on lol hideblarblarblarthumbs

How much longer did you need to make your side stand Mark ? and how much was your bike jacked up ?. I thought about an adjustable stand using threaded stainless bar and lock nuts for about a minute, realised it would stress me out to make it and would be fairly pointless and so I am left with a similar idea as yours mate, or in other words exactly the same. My welder pal has been working over see's for a week or so but is back now, so should get sorted this week, got some frame paint left as well so should be able to get it on the bike by next weekend. Good work Mark, i like it. salutethumbs

i was thinking about an adjustable one too, wouldent be as hard as you think to make .

dont take any measurements from my bike as im running a hayabusa rear shock using the bottom suspension mount Ie centre stand frame mount and custom dog bones, couldent tell you how much its raised by . its all a bit custom ( in other words i havent got a f ing clue!)

once its done ill get it blasted and powdercoated as the paint is already wearing off my one and that was 2 pack Laughing

so managed to do a bit more today,
here is a pic before i put another lot of weld on

another once id put some more weld on and chopped off the kickstand.

and then the finished article
just need to weld on my longer kickstand then get it blasted and powdercoated

thumbs

finally got the leg welded on and ground down, need to get it powdercoated but dont know when i will find the time.

awesome! since i have put bigger wheels on my gamma and soon a rgv250 gas rear shock to jack it up more i am having the same issue... just with the wheels on the stands a tad 2 short and has the lean factor to it lol Smile

very easy to lengthen them matey have you got access to welder?
thumbs

so i dropped my stand off plus some other bits for the kawasaki project off to the powder coaters before i went on holiday picked them up this morning.

stand is excellent, sits much more upright and matches the colour of the frame too.