Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

GSX1250F

I'm toying with going up the scale (600 bandit now) and doing a bit of touring etc, been looking at allsorts, the GSX1250F would probably suite my needs but why is it that the 600 have half decent paint jobs but the 1250s are well dull and boring, also looking at Honda Cbf1000, Yam fjr1300 (bit big)kwaksx1000 and anything else that takes my fancy

should be in whats your next bike really

Out of that lot for me the Z1000SX is the standout bike. Wish I could afford one......... Smile

go for it,gome from the b6 to the b12 should have done it sooner thumbsthumbs

Guest Guest
Out of that lot for me the Z1000SX is the standout bike. Wish I could afford one......... Smile

if looking at buying new or near new then there is no excuse for not getting this bike, awsome engine and handling but also a nice fairing with normal road rider ergonomics, will kick the living faecal mater out of a gsxf , ive heard bad things about the big yam, overpriced and under speced with an odd screen that pulls you forward and handling thats a bit on the cumbersome side. id look at either an older bmw K1200r or a sprint s2 should b considered.

Yeh, I like the sprint but I took a vfr800 out last week and didnt like the riding position (too much on the wrists) I heard that the Sprint was sportier so would be even more on the wrists. also it cant be more than 31inches wide so have to look and measure ( yes i know the fjr is huge) Very Happy

Guest Guest
ITCHY wrote:
Yeh, I like the sprint but I took a vfr800 out last week and didnt like the riding position (too much on the wrists) I heard that the Sprint was sportier so would be even more on the wrists. also it cant be more than 31inches wide so have to look and measure ( yes i know the fjr is huge) Very Happy

guess theres the new sprint gt, not so full on and panniers that u can actually use for a good price, on the bad side it doesnt handle as well and is still a bit of a porker. have you considered a multistrads 1100? very underated bike but gr8 for mile munching, pretty thin but has good protection and kick ass performance with a bit of added italian flair...looks odd but not unpleasant.

pretty thin

Not a chance mate, handlebars are well wide, cracking bike though.All the adventure bikes are no goes as are all cruisers, just too wide. I need to move to a bike friendly house. Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:

How far did you ride the VFR mate? And most importantly, how fast did you go? It's no sit up & beg, but way short of sporty. Even my ZZR puts more weight on my wrists. BTW, if you look at Sprints, the 2007 model onwards has higher bars. I wanted one but didn't have the coin so went back to Honda. Not sorry mind you. thumbs

Personally I'd go for either the FJR1300, or a GSX1400 if you can find one I love you . Both are big bikes but everyone I've spoken to says they munch the miles on touring etc. If not them, then try the ZZR, looks to be a good combination. I know they're all "big" bikes, but then I'm 6'2". Anything else and I look like I'm on a mini-moto foflfoflfofl

Personally I'd go for either the FJR1300, or a GSX1400 if you can find one I love you . Both are big bikes but everyone I've spoken to says they munch the miles on touring etc. If not them, then try the ZZR, looks to be a good combination. I know they're all "big" bikes, but then I'm 6'2". Anything else and I look like I'm on a mini-moto foflfoflfofl
foflfofl

If not them, then try the ZZR, looks to be a good combination.

Not wrong-my ZZR1200 is the best all round bike I've had. Comfy, economical & bastard fast. But small they ain't. Smile