Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flange

Just bought 3 months worth of fuel

hmm veg oil!! you converted a diesel? got the old oil heater/filter converter setup?

@fr499y wrote:
hmm veg oil!! you converted a diesel? got the old oil heater/filter converter setup?
agree

Tax dodging lol!

Yeh, I do hope you're doing the decent thing and declaring it to customs and excise Cool

On the right new diesels i dont think they will run on it even with twin tanks and a heat exchanger.But a lot of cars up to around 03 ish will but they need to be twin tanked like lpg.
Older ones without direct injection and a Lucas pump seem to get away with a single tank.Some mix it with diesel or up tp 10% petrol.You cant mix it with heating oil,parafin etc because you'll get done if your dipped(same as red)
Mine is running a single tank with a heat exchanger and in the summer im on 100% veg.In the winter i go 90-10 with diesel.
A private user can use up to 2500 litres a year because its tree hugger friendly.
It smells like a big barbicue as you drive down the road Very Happy

Heres my heat exchanger plumbed before the fuel filter to help it throught the filter as its thicker than deisel.

@flange wrote:
On the right new diesels i dont think they will run on it even with twin tanks and a heat exchanger.But a lot of cars up to around 03 ish will but they need to be twin tanked like lpg.
Older ones without direct injection and a Lucas pump seem to get away with a single tank.Some mix it with diesel or up tp 10% petrol.You cant mix it with heating oil,parafin etc because you'll get done if your dipped(same as red)
Mine is running a single tank with a heat exchanger and in the summer im on 100% veg.In the winter i go 90-10 with diesel.
A private user can use up to 2500 litres a year because its tree hugger friendly.
It smells like a big barbicue as you drive down the road Very Happy

Heres my heat exchanger plumbed before the fuel filter to help it throught the filter as its thicker than deisel.

thumbsthumbs Thanks

@madwilly wrote:
what was the cost of conversation if you dont mind

As mines an old 98 motor without direct injection and all the fuel management gubbins im using it standard apart from the heat exchanger.There 50 quid

Is it true when u make bio diesel 1 third of what u produce is glycerin. That is an awful lot of glycerine what can u do with it?

nice one thumbsthumbsthumbs

will add my bit as flange has said,this is for older cars

dont try it on new ones be warned,even some new diesel engines wont run right on bio fuel,the injectors dont like it thumbs

my mate used ved oil in his deisel, smelt like a bludy chipshop driving past, made me feel hungry!