Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all, if, like me, you fit your own tyres you have had to consider disposing of the old ones.
I have accumulated a few spent tyres and need to get rid but don't know what to do given the strict legislation that they are now subject to - I just took them to the scrapyard years ago, but I don't think it is that straightforward now.
Any information would be really appreciated.
Cheers. Pete Rushton. Smile

Hello mate take them to your nearest tyre depot and they will take them of you for a charge, i work for ATS, give us a pm let me know how many youve got and let me know which ATS centres nearest you and ile ask them if they will take em off ya i wont be back online untill 6pm Very Happythumbs

Could drop them at a local farmer who will use them to weigh down his sileage clamp.

or dump em in the tyre pile of your local garage one quiet Sunday Very Happy . My ex boss used to get paid for each old tyre they took away so they wont mind or care.

@firehawk wrote:
or dump em in the tyre pile of your local garage one quiet Sunday Very Happy . My ex boss used to get paid for each old tyre they took away so they wont mind or care.
youll find he gets charged now, i get charged £1 a car casing and 4x4 and van, £15 a truck casing, £20 a agricultural tyre and £12 an industrial so if i caught someone chucking em over my fence id smacksmacksmackthumbs

ITCHY wrote:
Fill up with compost and plant panties in em

whatever floats your boat Laughing

hang em off a speed camera,fill it full of petrol,chuck a match at it and mbikeLaughing

Nauty but made me smile Laughing (yes i'm nauty Laughing ).

Cheers Maveric