Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macie_UK

This morning's bimble...

Up early and was glorious weather here, but took too long to get my butt into gear so didn't get out much before 7 Sad Love getting out silly early (4 or 5 am) in summer, trouble is it screws up your night before!

Anyway did my old big lap around the East of the county (ish) for the first time in a fair old while and it needs a tweak or two because of some new speed limits. Trouble is, I can't remember where they were now (apart from the B6047 south of the A47)so I guess I'll have to do it again soon and pay a bit more attention!

Get out while it's sunny people! thumbs

Will do, then again I'm usually up for a ride.

For what it's worth this was my route:

http://goo.gl/saVDf

I put this together for a mix of roads but trying to avoid too many speed limits and overly policed roads - like those around Rutland Water Sad plus I can do it on a tank of fuel if I fill up at Branston's thumbs But I think I'm tempted to go from Seaton up to Morcott then down the A47 for a breather to Wansford and cut out the Kingscliffe section.

Depending on how I feel the end bit changes by going back to Melton (and McDonals!)and either going across via Asfordby or just plod back down the A607 at slow speed.

Any improvements muchly welcome thumbsthumbs

I always get up a silly hour to go out for a ride when im abroad, and also before the loals get up, theres something about an early morning ride that ya just cant beat thumbs

never been up that early. went for a 2.30am ride once. was nice no one about. was being abit looney, but no one about to affect thumbs

When I manage it, you just can't beat being out at 4-5AM in the summer thumbs even better when you do a bimble to Hunstanton or somesuch, get there for brekkie, slow ride back in time for dinner and still got most of the day left thumbs

Mind you, don't manage it often enough - the night before often gets in the way thumbs

@Macie_UK wrote:
When I manage it, you just can't beat being out at 4-5AM in the summer thumbs even better when you do a bimble to Hunstanton or somesuch, get there for brekkie, slow ride back in time for dinner and still got most of the day left thumbs

Mind you, don't manage it often enough - the night before often gets in the way thumbs
know the feeling , sometimes been matlock for breackfast and been back to syston in the pub for 12 drinking

@Davehutch wrote:
@Macie_UK wrote:

know the feeling , sometimes been matlock for breackfast and been back to syston in the pub for 12 drinking

I hope the bike was away by the time you were back for 12 drinking Sets a bad example for us younger riders foflfofl

@Davehutch wrote:
@Macie_UK wrote:

I hope the bike was away by the time you were back for 12 drinking Sets a bad example for us younger riders foflfofl
lol! yes mike , I dont drink and ride/drive no1