Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

wheel removal, sod it all!

Guest Guest
finally picked up a paddock stand to get the wheel off, however the duke pin it came with is a little short for the triumph so ive had to conscript the jack from my car to help make sure the bike is dead stable up on the stand, well all is going well but until the dam axel but wont budge and i don't have a 46mm socket to put on my extendable socket wrench i use for the stubern bastards so now gotta piss of into town as soon as the shops are open to get one. i cant help but think all this boolox about single sided wheels being easier to change is complete tripe!

agree with ya mate, take a deep breath and tackle it 2mw thumbs

@airlock wrote:
i cant help but think all this boolox about single sided wheels being easier to change is complete tripe!

They're not. It is. Tomorrow it will look better thumbs

I bought one of those RAC plug in impact guns on mine. It made it so much easier than trying to jam the back wheel and jump on a breaker bar

Guest Guest
turns out its impossible to buy,beg,borrow or steal a 46mm 1/2 socket. as a result the tyre wont be changed for the considerable future and im investing in a nuclear arms campaign to destroy this utterly useless part of the world. i apologies to all who happen to live in Britain but i feel destroying the whole place and starting over is the only logical plan here. you may experience some minor radiation poising and a few hundred years of post apocalyptic lifestyle.

Guest Guest
cheers dave, i meant more in the short term as i kind of needed it today but got a call back from the shop just now and there lending me theres and doing the tyre in the morning. however its not over till its over so don't stop supplying you're nuke bunkers just yet.,

@airlock wrote:
cheers dave, i meant more in the short term as i kind of needed it today but got a call back from the shop just now and there lending me theres and doing the tyre in the morning. however its not over till its over so don't stop supplying you're nuke bunkers just yet.,
lol ok m8 , looks like your on your way to getting it sorted thumbs

Guest Guest
well ive got it but the bugger still aint moving!

IF you now have a 46mm socket get a nice 1/2 bar , and then put a tube on this , get some one to hold the front brake on and then stand on it or jump , is should come undo then , ,

@madsod wrote:
IF you now have a 46mm socket get a nice 1/2 bar , and then put a tube on this , get some one to hold the front brake on and then stand on it or jump , is should come undo then , ,
agree