Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tubthumper

Cracked frame?

Hi guys,

Do these frame lugs around the engine mounting bolts look cracked to you, or are they supposed to look the way they do?

Cheers thumbs

looked cracked but dunno if they spose to be liek that. looking i imagine they should?

If you mean the 2 slits at the bottom of the bolts, they are not cracks they are meant to be like that and they should have pinch bolts on them. I have an SV frame here and have just double checked thumbs

Brill! Was just checking to see if it was something worth looking out for on the TL...

Cheers! thumbs

if your getting a TL then we better sort ya funeral out lol they ent the sort of bike a couple years of experience will be enough for! however, looks perfectly fine to me

@fr499y wrote:
if your getting a TL then we better sort ya funeral out lol they ent the sort of bike a couple years of experience will be enough for! however, looks perfectly fine to me

All I hear is either "you'll kill yourself" or the complete opposite "it was all a load of hype when it came out".

The throttle works both ways after all, and it's not as if i'm a knee down, max-speeding, Rossi wannabe!

I dont see how any more riding would make me any more a decent candidate for the TL unless I actually get some experience riding that sort of bike....

thumbs

As you say, the throttle works both ways, just give it a little bit of respect. Time on bikes measured in years is not the be all and end all - you could be riding for ten years and have done a total of 5000 miles, or be a relative newbie who clocks up 10,000 in a year.

well look at it this way.. if its your only bike, you will no doubt come off in the wet or winter.... it wasnt called a widow maker for no reason... your choice, you buy the bike you want. I've said it before asking what bike to buy is like asking what tyres to put on, its your choice do what you want not what others say.

Guest Guest
the problem with the tls apart from the nutters who bought it was that it really wasnt q very refined bike hence the appeal to the maniacs. a brilliant engine often said to be one of the best suzuki has ever churned out put in a frame that even on the R version was far from up to the task of holding things together (tlr frame was derived from the gsxr 750 frame) the rear shock was the big killer as it was simply crap and should be replaced as soon as possible and early models should be fitted with the steering damper that came later on the more watered down ones. personly i think these are the best bikes suzuki has ever made and will pick one up as soon as can justify a second bike. good luck on the hunt, they do look kinda cracked dont they even if thats menna b how they look.