Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

bus crash

saw that on look north Shocked wonder if it was a new driver, they were lucky to get away relatively unharmed.

Just this min seen that on the news Sad bloody lucky noone was killed Shocked

I can appreciate that from inside the driving cab it could be easy to forget your extra height but surley the bus must have a set route away from low bridges scratch but your right Dick, Stue could have been a lot worse.

what a plank. yes they usually try and route them away from bridges. certain companies put big 'low bridge' warnings on the running cards too to make sure deckers aren't taken on those routes.

exactly what i thought jeff the driver was lucky he didnt kill someone and i hope he is an ex driver from now on christ the bridge was marked clearly enough and he must of been going some cos he wiped the full roof off before he stopped censored

Didn't see the news last night but this answers what they were talking about at work yesterday, given the by-pass is a part of the route we look after. I'm always curious as to how drivers forget that they're driving a double decker bus? I know it's part of a joke, but didn't he wonder where the pupils who had got on the bus had gone? Shocked

I'm always curious as to how drivers forget that they're driving a double decker bus?
Thankfully I can say that I never have but you'll be surprised how many people do. The driver sort of goes in to auto pilot mode and doesn't realise. The pics below are of a decker at the depot I used to work at. The driver was supposed to be taking the bus back to the depot but went in to auto-pilot and thought he was on a number 5 which passes the depot. He turned off to go under Twerton arch and did that. That bus is now a permanent open-topper working in Weston-super-mare. It was cheaper to convert than to repair. lol

Whilst they were filming this crash i went past on bike and they were'nt impressed as i throttled it very loud foflfofl

Guest Guest

hope he loses his licence! moron... it's not like there aren't big signs everywhere with the height of the bridge on it! Can you imagine being on that top deck when it got sliced off? Can you imagine one of your kids on there? I'd be out for blood censored