Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

tl1000

which tl1000 is it thats a death trap the s or r. what would be best to get etc? and why are theyn suposid so dangerous i know about rear shock is this sorted on thr R i believe has a better shock etc.

wanted sv1000 naked but insurance is £1100. but at £438 on a tl1000 its the next closes thing in a way.

Chad from what I recall the first TLs where dodgy handling some thing to do with the weird rear suspension set up looked more like a steering box out of an old car!all sorted out now.

check Steves TL pages all you will ever need to know or buy a gladius thingy. regards Gaz

http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/12/39/

yeh thanx.

read on mcn about the two

says the S, the rear shock had a tablespoon of oil which overheated, and it was strange. when the R is different also has a different chassis. noticed a steering damper. can i still fit bar risers around this etc?

Just goes to show you the insurance companies know jack shit. The SV 1000 is a tame beast as is the Firestorm. If you are going to hurt yourself it will be on the TL1000S. Both TL's are running in standard trim approx 120bhp+ (Add a PC & they go bonkers). The Firestorm is on 104 & the SV is about 110. Treat the TL's with caution.

gd lad! will enjoy that V-twin thump for sure Smile make sure you get a nice set of cans on it, dont wanna go shorter than 300mm as your ears will bleed lol

Nice bike the sv1000 chad, my m8 just bought one in rizla colours it looks very smart and sounds like thunder.

A friend just sold a 650 and we dyno jetted it and it still wasn't that quick so like u I would go for the 1000.

Guest Guest
My mate has one and loves it. He put a Bitubo shock on it to replace the pants standard one and had a fiddle with the ECU and he can't fault it. And it's a P reg so it's the original S.

chad have you ever been on a v-twin,if not try and get a go on one first mate,not everyone can take to them thumbs

a lot of people cant get used to the engine breaking as its like slamming on ya brakes on a inline 4 lol you soon get used to it and love it!! Very Happy

@lee wrote:
chad have you ever been on a v-twin,if not try and get a go on one first mate,not everyone can take to them thumbs

agree gud advise Lee,

ridedn a dodgy hyosung gtr but thats only a baby v-twin so i wont count that. ive ridden a ntv600. didnt faze me but its not a 90 degree one thou.

also ive had many singles. like husqvarna te410, motocross machines etc. they have a hell of an engine break and i loved thouse bikes.

knew a guy who had one said it was like riding a rodeo bull till he sorted the suspension thumbs