Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

air in clutch (again)

Since I've put a bikini sprocket cover on I keep getting air in the clutch, I've replaced the clutch lever seals as they were worn.
Ian (madcarper) and I were out last night and he mentioned the push rod from the slave cylinder might be to short would this cause a problem?
B12 mk1.

Plz help.. Shocked

My push rod is a little corroded and I Know they can be replaced with stainless but I don't recall seeing any problem with yours when the chain/sprockets were replaced Mark. If there's air getting in then there's a leak and fluid must be getting out. Have you tried doing a fluid change and a thorough bleed? especially check the Banjo fittings around the cluch master cylinder and slave cylinder and that the bleed nipple is tight and isn't weeping. I can't see fitting the bikini sprocket cover would have any bearing on air in the hydraulic system, hope someone has a bit better advice for you mate you and it gets sorted......... anyway more importantly whens your swinging arm coming out for bracing and polishing bounce

@haveugot1 wrote:
Since I've put a bikini sprocket cover on I keep getting air in the clutch, I've replaced the clutch lever seals as they were worn.
Ian (madcarper) and I were out last night and he mentioned the push rod from the slave cylinder might be to short would this cause a problem?
B12 mk1.

Plz help.. Shocked
i had to put a new seal in my RF slave cylinder , when i took the cover of the bike i could see bubbles coming out of the slave unit , so i would think it could well be it ,

if its only since fitting the bikini sprocket cover

can only be copper washers on the banjo fittings,did you fit new ones is the seal on the clutch cylinder top ok

all you can do mark is double check everything

Hi lads cheers for the advice,
ive changed the banjo washers also put new in seal kit in hand clutch so i suppose the only thing left to do is change the seals in the master cylinder thumbs

Also mike cos i had to pay for me car to be repaired swingarm has took a back seat for now,

but trust me it will be done in the next month or so applauseapplause