Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Windy Miller or Not

Is it just me or do you find these things ugly and no place for the countryside and offsure places.
do they knock out that much juice? I hate the bloody things .How many of these equal one nuke power station?

Think they produce about 22kw each so you would need about 46 to replace a 1 megawatt combined cycle gas fired station and then only when the wind is the correct speed too high or too low windspeed and theyre useless.
1 megawatt stations arent very big compared to say Drax

Thanks Neil,
But I just read Dave's linky and look
(The wind turbine will reduce carbon emissions by 3.7 tonnes annually, the firm said.)
so its all cool n groovy init. Sad

once the pikeys see them they wont be around for long LaughingLaughing

1 turbine wont power 1800 houses as the article states it may power 18

and those houses are going to be pretty dark when the wind aint blowing

1 other thing when the turbine isnt in use it consummes electricity to rotate the blades or the bearings would collapse thats not very green is it

I think they should paint them bright colours so they look like huge flowers Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
I think they should paint them bright colours so they look like huge flowers Very Happy
thumbs

they may look bad ,however our gaffer has just installed an anorobic digester next to the quarry , this runs off rotting food , silage and pig shite (this works by a large motor running off the gases produced which in turn runs a turbine producing electricity)... it effin stinks gives all the lads at work headaches , it draws in rats which feed off the rotting food in the silage clamps.
This produces 1 megawatt also he is now moving into solar farming and is installing one at the moment , when complete this will produce 5 megawatt and will not be exactly attractive, I spose that is the trade off for green energy

ITCHY wrote:

bloody hippy Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
and there putting one at wanlip sewage works, they reckon you will see it for miles around Shocked

Ho yuss, the stench of the sewage works and now this eyesore. With any luck it will fall onto the Hobby Horse!

@Macie_UK wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
and there putting one at wanlip sewage works, they reckon you will see it for miles around Shocked

Ho yuss, the stench of the sewage works and now this eyesore. With any luck it will fall onto the Hobby Horse!
agree what a shit hole the hobby horse is

We got some. Plus its near mongomery. Ww2 ship sank, full of gunpowder. Could flood island and shatter sea front Windows if it goes ka.boom

I still think they should wire capacitors to all the static bikes, treadmills, cross-trainers and steppers in gyms. There's a lot of energy going to waste!? foflfofl

tbf that is a bloody good idea lol might aswell use that wasted energy from the fitness geeks lol

@fr499y wrote:
tbf that is a bloody good idea lol might aswell use that wasted energy from the fitness geeks lol

I'll propose it to the Green Party, see what the response is thumbsfofl