Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richg

new cheap project

picked this beastie up yesterday. The last owner had forgotten to top up the 2 stroke oil tank and siezed the main bearings. had recent new disc and front tyre. gave the grand total of £45 for it.
just looking for an engine for it now. It did come with the remains of the engine but he had lost a few bits from it.

looks like fun should have that fettled in no time mate thumbs

noticed that it had some petrol in it so i have just drained it out and got about 11 litres out of it that works out at about £15. so that means i got the thing for £30 even more of a bargain than i thought. thumbs

Un bloody beleavable I binned a good motor for one of them a wile back (2 months) it had done more miles in the back of my van going to auto jumbles and bike shows no one wanted it binned it! I know it was a good me old man gave it me.sods law init Sad

sods law none on evilbay either no rush though i will just wait until one turns up and do it then.
still got pc 50 engine to rebuild during the next 2 episodes of strictly come dancing and x factor. then honda 90 to strip and rebuild up til xmas when saturday tv returns to normal

I bought a silver one of those new in 1990 to past my test on, G79 ONN was the reg £605 on the road it cost from

Pleasley Motorcycles
Mansfield
Notts

Like sitting in a armchair Laughing

i noticed that the position for your feet is odd. it does feel like you are sat on a chair.

just bought an engine on ebay for £35 needs new rings so i will use head barrel and piston from old engine on new one and hopefully off we go. just need to get to leeds one evening this week and pick it up.

rebuilt replacement engine and fitted it into bike only to find out that the bike is wired for a later ignition system and the engine is the older type. and one of the parts missing when i got the bike was the ignition system. bugger. according to a hungarian site the systems have no interchangeable parts.