Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goferit

Never S.O.R.N.E.D. before??

Can someone advise me please, I've been told that when SORN is registered with the DVLA, the vehicle has to remain insured Huh , even though it's not on the road... Is this really the case?.
Thanks.

NoZ wrote:

Thanks for the response Noz, thumbs but I still don't see any mention about insurance?
I've looked up this page before, that's why I was asking, someone wiser than meself..
It was the insurance people who told me I would still have to keep the bike insured...new ruling she said?? blarscratch

@goferit wrote:
NoZ wrote:

Thanks for the response Noz, thumbs but I still don't see any mention about insurance?
I've looked up this page before, that's why I was asking, someone wiser than meself..
It was the insurance people who told me I would still have to keep the bike insured...new ruling she said?? blarscratch
Me personally would keep it insured, unless its in bits...just incase some pikey nicks it thumbs

if its taxed it has to be insured, but no insurance needed for sorn

@Stue11 wrote:
@goferit wrote:
NoZ wrote:

Me personally would keep it insured, unless its in bits...just incase some pikey nicks it thumbs

Must admit I tend to keep the insurance running. Helps get the "no-claims" accrued, and, as Stue11 says above, in case some thieving little scrote decides he's going to try and lift it fighting

THANKS every-one--appreciated thumbs ..

I've recently bought a 2nd bike that was on SORN, I've completed the new redg, etc. Also I have insured it as a precaution, mainly to protect against 'SCROTES': but wont be on the road till spring; as you pointed out, it will accrue ncb and I get peace of mind....But the girl at the insurance led me to believe it was compulsory..