Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

New Bike

soo yeahhh.. couldn't get in the house yesterday as someone went out and didn't tell us after we checked if she would be in *no names mentioned here ) So me and me dad decided to take a trip to a bike shop, got there, looked at the bike i really wanted to get ( MT-03 ) and seen something hiding in the corner, little scratched and no price/sign on it to say for sale.. Well turns out it was, and now its mine Very Happy few hours after leaving the bike shop and it was delivered here Very Happy Anyway, here it is Very Happy

Stock cans, like there staying...

Oh yeah thats right.. there not

@dick65 wrote:
nice one matt,you and your cans lol thumbs

They will do :P when I sort the panels out I will strip the cans down and sort them out. Nasty dent on left.

aye, not a fan of having a metro strapped on the back of the bike, but might be handy lol

This is what im dealing with.

other bits are not as bad, but still, deep scratches

@fr499y wrote:
This is what im dealing with.

other bits are not as bad, but still, deep scratches

ShockedShocked new paint job,with a tin of filler thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:

Well atm, i want it looking presentable. the panel on the left thats got the major damage is upwards of £150, then the stickers to match are again, around £150.. now £300 for a tiny panel is steep, so i will do a tart up patch up for now, got some filler on it as we speak which should be dry by the morning ready for a sand down Smile

@fr499y wrote:
@lee wrote:

Well atm, i want it looking presentable. the panel on the left thats got the major damage is upwards of £150, then the stickers to match are again, around £150.. now £300 for a tiny panel is steep, so i will do a tart up patch up for now, got some filler on it as we speak which should be dry by the morning ready for a sand down Smile

nice one mate keep us updated with the work thumbsthumbs

yea,h panel should be back off tomoz for a rub down and hopefully a lick of paint! filler only takes 20 minutes to set before you can rub it down but leaving it over night, let it set nice and hard Very Happy Brilliant stuff, uses the same hardener as fibre glass so got plenty of it incase i run out Very Happy

why not pm ian madcarper for a price to fix it properly mate hes a f;;kin genius when itcomes to bodywork ive seen his work and its amazing oh and i think he used to paint ferraris and other top end cars

why pay someone to do something i can do myself Smile And like i said before, not wanting to spend £150 just for a sticker set. I could re do the whole panels, but for now i want it looking presentable for when i get it on the road in a few weeks time Wink I redone a smashed TT600 in Mercedes silver back end of last year, paint was like glass when i finished, so this should be easy as 1.2..3...

bit more of a update Very Happy

Bit of sanding before another lot of filler/primer

some black primer on the main panel to see how bad/ how much more filler will be needed and where..

and a filled, primed and painted mudguard!

panel was pretty bad, so i've filled it all in, and sanded the lot, so the whole panel will be sprayed tomoz instaid of just the *worse* part Smile oh god it tax'd and insured so will try it out tomoz while i wait for paint to dry Laughing

Here ya go, panel filled again, primed, painted and a few hours ago lacquered and in the warm waiting to dry ( if my parents find out where it is im a dead man!! )

Oh and took it out for a spin, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :| i think i've found the best bike EVER Twisted Evil

Looks all okay dokey to me Matt, good job mate party if you get a chance of a blip on an Rc8 go for it Very Happythumbs

good vid ent it Very Happy, i might have to get a inch or so chopped out the seat, im only 5'8" but got long legs lol

@fr499y wrote:
good vid ent it Very Happy, i might have to get a inch or so chopped out the seat, im only 5'8" but got long legs lol
lol, i'd be scared to do that again especially how my knees are these days Laughingthumbs

Right, got decal set on its way aswell so that should hide the remainder of the damage on the panel. Again this is just a cheap fix to make it look decent and less like its been thrown down the road at a race track lol. All in all this panel has cost £50 to fix, Which is a lot cheaper than £150+ for the panel and near enough the same for the decal set Smile

which includes:
Filler, primer, paint, lacquer, masking tape, W&D paper & the decals ( Genuine KTM parts so ent cheap rofl!! )

Turned out better than i hoped. Heres the panel done, just over a week for the lacquer to cure ( need panel on ready for tuesday )

just got the headlight surround to paint, mudguard if i cba ( dont look too bad patched for now ) and back fairing which has some damage but again, not too bad Smile

Right, well bike has been back once already, had a few parts replaced in the carbs as it was causing the bike to flood.. Went to start it this morning, same thing bike flooding time.. well.. first attempt to start it ended up with a burst ear drum, my mum running into the garden as it sounded like someone shooting a shotgun in the garden... soooo looks like bikes got to go back again, im not bikeless as the zed needs MOT/Tax and i dont want to do it this time of the year, the XJ has no speedo so dont want to risk that... oh and i've spent a grand total of £300 for parts to tidy it up. Guess im going to be out of pocket Shocked

Oops i mean will be bike less as MOT runs out in a couple days time!

cant you get a cheap digi speedo fopr divi just till you fix it? and that does suck mate

cant you get a cheap digi speedo fopr divi just till you fix it? and that does suck mate

new speedo cable is in the post, but when ya pay good money, you want it to work. It's basically broke every tank of fuel i've put in it so far!

@fr499y wrote:

new speedo cable is in the post, but when ya pay good money, you want it to work. It's basically broke every tank of fuel i've put in it so far!

yeah, thing is ktm arent known to be the most reliable bike, olderones seemed better, but a lot of bad ones got through. remember in motocross a girl had a branmd new ktm 125sx and it kept fouling plugs, in one dasy she had 4 plugs in the bike, took it back found engine was naffed had to get anouther new one from then, and that one seized after half a season. they year after she came back on a suzuki thumbs