Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Van Charging

got home from work in my transit connect and it wouldnt start , My m8 came round with a boost starter thing and it started first go , So i have put it on charge and was going to leave it all nite , My charger has low and high settings , would you leave it on high all nite or switch it to low before I go bed ??

Think its because i haven't been using it much and this week i an only going 1 and a half miles from home and while at work keep going to it opening cenral locking and closing it , on my way home to i stoped off some where and then started it again ,all this with lights on radio and fan

OK so after having it on charge all nite it wouldn't start this morning, you could just hear the starter clicking thumb down , So I ring Green flag who I have for my van (never had to use them before and was nearly £100 cheaper then the other 2). They tell me they will be with me with in the hour, and they are no1 , he trys to start it with the boost thing they have but nothing , he hits the starter with a hammer nothing , but tells me its the starter thats to fault and nothing he can do scratch , So I just mention to him that last nite my m8 came round with a boost thing and it started, Really he said let me try again ,Guess what ? it started thumbs , Must have not had it on right then he said. Then he said its deffo. your battery thats shot it and i dont carry one , but now your started thats me done and left me with my van running on the drive and knowing that if i turn it off it wouldn't start again head bang ,
So ring my local ford garage that do my service and they say bring it down and if its the battery we will do it while you wait no1 , So of i go 15 miles to the garage , gets there turns it of tried to start it no go , Goes in to the garage and they say we can fit a new battery but if its something else and it knackers your new battery (and they are £157 affraid ) its no good we would like to do our own test to make sure but you will have to leave it with us.So i do this is 15 miles from home and no motor at 9.30, Any way phone call at 11.30 its deffo your battery all in all £195 will be ready at 12.30 , So thats what i have done £195 + a days work and its only my 3rd day back after 6 weeks off Sad ,
I have also complained to green flag and told them that i will be paying the extra next year and go with one of the other companys, finger

what a bunch of useless censored, maries been with green flag for a few years and called them out on occasion and they've always fettled it,but hit it with a hammer Huh anyway pleased youre sorted m8 but what a hassle thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
OK so after having it on charge all nite it wouldn't start this morning, you could just hear the starter clicking thumb down , So I ring Green flag who I have for my van (never had to use them before and was nearly £100 cheaper then the other 2). They tell me they will be with me with in the hour, and they are no1 , he trys to start it with the boost thing they have but nothing , he hits the starter with a hammer nothing , but tells me its the starter thats to fault and nothing he can do scratch , So I just mention to him that last nite my m8 came round with a boost thing and it started, Really he said let me try again ,Guess what ? it started thumbs , Must have not had it on right then he said. Then he said its deffo. your battery thats shot it and i dont carry one , but now your started thats me done and left me with my van running on the drive and knowing that if i turn it off it wouldn't start again head bang ,
So ring my local ford garage that do my service and they say bring it down and if its the battery we will do it while you wait no1 , So of i go 15 miles to the garage , gets there turns it of tried to start it no go , Goes in to the garage and they say we can fit a new battery but if its something else and it knackers your new battery (and they are £157 affraid ) its no good we would like to do our own test to make sure but you will have to leave it with us.So i do this is 15 miles from home and no motor at 9.30, Any way phone call at 11.30 its deffo your battery all in all £195 will be ready at 12.30 , So thats what i have done £195 + a days work and its only my 3rd day back after 6 weeks off Sad ,
I have also complained to green flag and told them that i will be paying the extra next year and go with one of the other companys, finger
Since writing this and our Chad laughing at me , I have rang back green flag and managed to get £20 back of them and also rang ford and got £30 back of them , I know it was expensive but what could i do once it was at ford and I couldnt start it angry

suppose thats a result of sorts Dave,rock and a hard place m8. you want chad banned? Laughingthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
suppose thats a result of sorts Dave,rock and a hard place m8. you want chad banned? Laughingthumbs
need you ask Huh if it wasn't the thought of me meeting his Mam he would have been gone a long while ago Very Happy

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
need you ask Huh if it wasn't the thought of me meeting his Mam he would have been gone a long while ago Very Happy
lol!lol!

Bet the garage started it, checked the charge going in, all ok new battery.

im surprised green fag didnt load test it or check the charge. Bloody muppets

least ya sorted dave,and by moveing to another firm dont think you will get a better service its hit and miss with these guys

Im not saying there all bad,but some are real muppets Rolling Eyes

Always handy to have a meter at times like this, easy to check the alternator output and what state the charge is in the battery.

And as for Frauds pricing... censored .....

@Stue11 wrote:
Glad you got it sorted mate....wtf with the price... Sad

Bet they charged him some diag time thumbs