Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bibs

cb250 cafe tracker kind of thing

Hello everyone,
Ive been checking this site for a while now and thought i should post some pics.
started this last year and got towards the end a couple hours a week doing what i could, never done this before, not done mechanics, touched an engine or painted anything but have always been interested in them. thought i would just buy a banger and learn on the job, searching the web and reading books but most of all looking on the forums for help.
i started with this that i got off good old ebay.

It was a little hammered so i totally stripped it down and figured where to go next. messed up my camera mid build so lost all the pics i took of the progress and the wiring so i couldnt go back and see where everything went.

Things started to get somewhere and look half decent.

had to teach myself how to do everything which was great, got loads of tools in the process and the next stage is to learn to weld and on the next project i want to study the engine more.
on to the final 3rd of it all and it all seems to piece together nicely.

even made my own seat from scratch.

im now on the wiring which is mental, just trying to see what connecters fit together, got some left over that are spare?? just charging the new battery so will be able to test it out when i get back from work tomorrow.
im wanting to finish this as i have to sell this to get the next project which will be a little bigger like a cb500 600 or even a 750 would be nice but that will come in time.
hope you like it and be nice cos this is my first time in doing this and have now got the big big time.
thatnk you to all who share their builds as it helps everyone else sort theirs and inspire.

thanks guys, yeh im pretty pleased with it, im hoping the next one i can do more as im quite limited on what i can do at the min.

for a first attempt m8 thats a cracking job, well done Smile you got the bug now? thumbs

dont call me think or anything but im having a problem with the wiring, im just waiting for the new battery to charge and ill try it all out when i get home after work today, ive just fitted what i can and what connectors fit into each other but the coil has to wires that go onto the spark plugs but also has another wire that goes?? and the cdi box on the left hand where does that go? its all confusing as they wernt wired up when i got it and i dont know anyone whos into this kind of thing. please help

nice little bike that mate , silly question but have you got a wiring diagram for it ?

hay,
thanks guys, yeh ive got two diagrams, slightly diffderant, plus the loom that came with it is a little dirfferant to the one i got off ebay so its a bit weird, ive just got at multimeter to test some of the wires, just ordered a new indicator relay and a few other electrical bits so hopefully ill get there, also on the diagram it shows two wires from the indicators but theres only one on mine?? i know they are just normal ones not LED.
thanks for your comments.

How did i miss this post Laughing excellent work mate thanks for sharing it with us and taking the time to post the pics thumbsthumbs

flip the bars around and that would be a nice little bobber aswell

cheers matey.
i did actually think about bobbing it but ill wait for that challenge until i can weld! ill stick to cafes and trackers for the time being