Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

flashing too fast

ive put some mini indicaters on me bandit 1250 and they are flashing too quick they were ok when i fitted the rear ones but since ive fitted the fronts they are flashing way too fast oh and they are too small to get the bulbs out cos ive tried thumbs these are the very same ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-MINI-INDICATORS-UNIVERSAL-12v-SET-4-BLACK-2-SHORT-2-LONG-/270856333974?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f104baa96

i had the same problem a while back,i changed the bulbs to a higher wattage did the trick thumbs

Had a look at the ad but it doesn't say what the wattage of the new lights are. Most flasher units have a rating printed on them for eg 12v 21w x 2. Sounds like the new ones are too lower wattage thus presenting too smaller load to the relay. A simple fix would be to fit a ballast resistor in line to increase the load. Can't give you a value off hand as I don't know the ratings for th flasher or wattage of the bulbs but wire wound are designed for this application and once you have the ratings it's simple to use Ohm's law to get an Ohms value.

Hawthorne and Beauchamp at your service, Old school salute

@madsod wrote:
i did think this might be about rain coats Very Happyparty
it would have if jezza had started the post LaughingLaughing

Had a look at the ad but it doesn't say what the wattage of the new lights are. Most flasher units have a rating printed on them for eg 12v 21w x 2. Sounds like the new ones are too lower wattage thus presenting too smaller load to the relay. A simple fix would be to fit a ballast resistor in line to increase the load. Can't give you a value off hand as I don't know the ratings for th flasher or wattage of the bulbs but wire wound are designed for this application and once you have the ratings it's simple to use Ohm's law to get an Ohms value.

Yep, that's as clear as mud to us thick folk tumble weed

ITCHY wrote:

Wadyamean??? It's simples. Maplins smackfofl
Yep, that's as clear as mud to us thick folk tumble weed

@dick65 wrote:
i had the same problem a while back,i changed the bulbs to a higher wattage did the trick thumbs
i did that with me last ones as well dick but you cant get anything in to twist them out mate cos theyre so small

@dick65 wrote:
i did that with me last ones as well dick but you cant get anything in to twist them out mate cos theyre so small
go for the relay option stan its simples thumbs

Hawthorne and Beauchamp at your service, Old school salute
the bulbs are 12v 23w

Think of it as the new LED's needing less "electric" than traditional bulbs.

They flash too fast because they're getting "too much"

Fallen Angels resister would help them get the right amount.

Sometimes you can change the relay to a more suitable one,
Sometimes its easier to just put a seperate resister in-line.

i'm pretty sure your relay will be same as mine stan 7 pin thats the easiest and best way to go m8 but if you want to use inline resistors i've got a couple you can have.

thanks ian ive been in the garage tonight and the weirdest thing is that the hazzard warning lights flash as normal scratch

thanks ian ive been in the garage tonight and the weirdest thing is that the hazzard warning lights flash as normal scratch

yes m8 mine was the same till i changed the relay.

the new relay came this morning and ive fitted it and everything is working brilliantly thanks for the advice guys thumbs