Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

STU! ELP!

hopefully got ya attention Laughing where is the cheapest place to get a Avon VP2 Xtreme or Supersport in 190/50-17? Struggling to find one for less than £170 Shocked

i know they have been replaced with the new 3D, but fronts got loads of life, rear is on the wear band ( few hundred, pos thou left ) but want to match the front still as i hate running odd tyres thumbs

too much power for ya matt thumbs

I've done less than 3,000 on these tyres rofl.. mind you did go through nearly 2mm of tread on a trip to yorkshire, maccles and back!! went with plenty of tread on a square tyre, came back with a pretty slick tyre! I'd rather have a tyre that stuck like glue and ran out quick, than a tyre that slips out.

@Stue11 wrote:

No probs stue just ad some time on my hands so just had a search for f499y it's what we are here for helping out the others thumbs

so it seems £140 odd is the cheapest im gunna find one for.. damn. Knew i should of gotten 2 sets when i bought them last year, got them for £140 the set!!

@fr499y wrote:
so it seems £140 odd is the cheapest im gunna find one for.. damn. Knew i should of gotten 2 sets when i bought them last year, got them for £140 the set!!

Fr499y what size is the front I'll ave a look for ya tonight whilst I'm at work you might get a pair cheaper let me no cheers Micky thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
I had a ring round today Matt with not much luck, allbeit around 150ish plus £7 carridge Sad worth a try though, sometimes dealers have old stock that they want rid thumbs so always ask i dont mind thumbs

@fr499y wrote:

Fr499y what size is the front I'll ave a look for ya tonight whilst I'm at work you might get a pair cheaper let me no cheers Micky thumbs

Soz for late reply mate, 120/70-17 but the front has loads of tread left ( probs cause its always hovering lol )

@fr499y wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Soz for late reply mate, 120/70-17 but the front has loads of tread left ( probs cause its always hovering lol )

Been looking for a while they are the best i can find sorry mate thumbsthumbs Micky

im sure you can do this but just checking, VP2 Super Sport front and Storm 2 Ultra rear are fine to mix aren't they? i know the VP2 Sport is compatible with the Storm 2 Ultra, so cant see the super sport being different...

@fr499y wrote:
im sure you can do this but just checking, VP2 Super Sport front and Storm 2 Ultra rear are fine to mix aren't they? i know the VP2 Sport is compatible with the Storm 2 Ultra, so cant see the super sport being different...

Mixing wont be a problem really. just make sure you get them up to temp before really riding them properly. its no different to having a hard tyre on the front and soft on the back in some ways. just make sure you get them warm and nothing to worry about really! imo. thumbs

yeah, im sure the compound on the vp2 sport and storm 2 is the same, but super sport is a softer compound. pulled a stone out my tyre the other day and you can see the cord in the hole but its not letting air out, so better be safe than sorry now!