Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

Call me a prude..

Day off so went down Wokingham way to check out the IAM training meeting venue, a school, mainly to learn the route, more straightforward than I thought.

On the way back pulled in at a pub and sat out on a raised deck overlooking the Thames, it was peaceful until two rather loud women sat near me, their language was fairly awful, frequent expletives and their conversation seemed to involve a fair bit of drink talk. Up to then it had been the comparatively quiet twittering of relatively well off looking types.

Yes we all swear a bit (like today when I got back and found our bin chucked in somebody else's garden and half the rubbish not taken) but we all need a bit of peace and quiet having a break don't you think?

Dont like to hear the fairer sex swear at all, but i am old fashioned tbh, its ok in swearing in moderation but dont use it mainly as a rule unless im angry LaughingLaughing

I'm with Stue on this one agree . It's something we all do, but we moderate our language to the surrounding and company we're in. Yes it all escapes us at times, but not in "general" conversation. Does it? Laughing

I apparently swear a fair bit in conversation, although I generally don't realise that I'm doing it. When I am aware of it, I do of course moderate it accordingly. I guess that I get exasperated quite a lot Rolling Eyes

@Stue11 wrote:
Dont like to hear the fairer sex swear at all, but i am old fashioned tbh, its ok in swearing in moderation but dont use it mainly as a rule unless im angry LaughingLaughing
did you use it when you droped your bike ?? hide I used it when we went "OFF" road with the king censored

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
did you use it when you droped your bike ?? hide I used it when we went "OFF" road with the king censored
Yea and me on both occasions LaughingLaughingthumbs

wana go into the town on this island, its nasty.

where i am its not so bad, everyone seems nice enough,

where were camping in august its silent, middle of no where like 3 houses and a pub for 2 miles. thumbs