Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

echaust blowing

got an aftermarket 4 into 1 with nexus silencer. blowing at the point where the four pipes merge.

going to be inconvenient taking it in for repair so wondered if I could keep it going until mot in july

I'd get it sorted properly then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exhaust-Repair-Bandage/dp/B006MGB6TA

anybody any experience with this sort of thing or is it a waste of time please?

sounds like your collector box has started to rot i would try and get it welded youll forever be repairing it and julys a while away thumbs

the mechanic i go to said it was at the area where the left two pipes join

he says he dismantles and reassembles them for repair - apparently he doesn't weld - don't uinderstand it myself

leaving it with him for a small repair is a pain as he's on an industrial estate in the sticks. doesn't have bikes to lend

what do you reckon to standard exhaust centres like kwick fix or whatever they are called for that kind of job?

ive not come across those before im sure someone on here will be able to help,i thought welding would be the best option scratch

I would have thought welding either Oxy acet or mig. Depends on how thick the metal is. Failing that bronze welding as its a lower temp if the metal is thin.

this welding thing - is it done in situ or do the pipes/silencer have to come off do you know?

could take the bits off but no doubt the exhaust bolts would be more or less seized and require fresh gaskets.

Best to take it off for welding. Not good to have heat where there is oil, fuel and wiring

best to find a mechanic who welds,or have a look and see if there any clamps on it and if they are loose,