Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Polishing ...

Should get a whole raft of replies give how many people on here are OCD about cleaning their bikes thumbsfoflfoflthumbs

The wheels are out of the ZX as off today, so I'm going to give the swinging arm, forks etc a good clean over while they're out and try and give the arm a bit of a polish. I'll be getting some 120 grit paper to rub the arms and forks over, along with a small "sandpaper" attachment on a drill and a small dremmel to get the current paint and "crud" off. Going to follow that with a buffing wheel and some autosol. Won't be doing it until next Saturday, stupid things like work get in the way head bang. Does that sound the right way to go about it, or anything else I could do?

Cheers thumbs

Send them to lee and save yourself the hassle trust me he's very good.I've got more for lee but thatll have to wait til the winter now.

Should get a whole raft of replies give how many people on here are OCD about cleaning their bikes thumbsfoflfoflthumbs

The wheels are out of the ZX as off today, so I'm going to give the swinging arm, forks etc a good clean over while they're out and try and give the arm a bit of a polish. I'll be getting some 120 grit paper to rub the arms and forks over, along with a small "sandpaper" attachment on a drill and a small dremmel to get the current paint and "crud" off. Going to follow that with a buffing wheel and some autosol. Won't be doing it until next Saturday, stupid things like work get in the way head bang. Does that sound the right way to go about it, or anything else I could do?

Cheers thumbs

@lee wrote:
depends on the type of finish you want mike
to save you a load of hassle

and buying all types of stuff I recommend you buy this kit,the 52 pc kit £45.96

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Standard_Polishing_Kits.html

if you need any help let me know thumbsthumbs

Firstly if you don't want hands and face like this

Then get a mask hat and gloves, secondly Lee gave me some very good info on doing my boys scooter thumbs plus it was nice doing it for the first time and getting good results so I will deffo be doing more polishing so thanx Lee I'm hooked Laughingthumbs

Thanks for the advice lads. I'll be putting them out to Lee and Streetfighter over the course of the next week thumbsfoflfofl

Appreciate the info and will be in touch if any problems. I need them clean to get me back on the road, I think more work in the winter while it's garaged will probably follow Shockedthumbs

@lee wrote:
depends on the type of finish you want mike
to save you a load of hassle

and buying all types of stuff I recommend you buy this kit,the 52 pc kit £45.96

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Standard_Polishing_Kits.html

if you need any help let me know thumbsthumbs

Didn't forget Lee thumbs

I've ordered the above kit thumbs , plus a few smaller bars of the various polishing compounds. As is usual, my Dad will be trying the kit on his CBR before I get chance to get mine apart Shocked . Probably be starting on mine in the New Year, once my Dads is all back together, so will let people know how I get on.