Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

sat nav

I'm sure this has been covered before but lets have another go.
I have a TomTom car nav that I put inside a proper motorbike satnav bag, complete waste of time as I can't see it at all head bang
I'm now thinking of getting a waterproof bike satnav, so the question is what have you done to get around this problem and if you went the whole hog and got a bike one is it any better?

My tom tom is on my bars in a water proof case but i have head phone out so i can hear , it also , works for me

All I get is a silver screen shining back at me, it's fine in twilight, just when it's bright i cant see it. Only two settings on the contrast day/night

Rich mine was a little like that,all ive done is put foam pads behind the satnav

so the screen is touching the see through cover if you know what I mean thumbs

it helped stop some of the reflection thumbs

I have a TomTom rider, comes with a scala bluetooth headset.
It was expensive but in my opinion well worth it. I use it in the car as well but had to buy a dock for it which includes a speaker as the main sat nav doesn't have one built in.
The new bike specific TomTom is called urban rider and as far as I'm aware this doesn't come with a headset or a charging dock for the bike these are extra.
I'll post a piccie in a bit.

Lee it already has a block of foam behind it.
Robbie does it have them IQ routes, mine just sent me on a tour of Brtain just to get from Norwich to Kettering.

No Rich off the top of my head it doesn't.
Here's a few pics and vid' hope it helps thumbs