Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

Basingstoke Run

Went there today to look at a Suzuki GS750F for sale (you know the one Mansod) went down there cross country and got frustrated by a key road closure so used the A34 (vitually a motorway) on return.

My bike isn't in the best of health but it can still manage a fair turn of speed, went maximum at one point to get past a load of congestion.

Just got by when a black car started pressing from behind (going some the way it came up relatively quickly), moved to let it pass - it was a young woman with a baby in the back driving a newish vauxhall corsa! it must have been the 1.3 CDTi judging by the speed.

After something like 130 miles of no incidents, get back to my home town around four - a guy pulls out in front from an industrial premises followed by a car going straight across a roundabout without slowing. That must be going home time then.

I think you were right to go home for sure thumbsthumbs sometimes we all have days like these from time to time but we dont miss em for sure thumbs

can be frustrating at times m8,how was the 750?

Basingstoke is my old home town , how was the bike

@dick65 wrote:
can be frustrating at times m8,how was the 750?

thanks for asking - previously interested in a gsx750w which is the naked version but realised how competitively priced the faired ones are now, in fact generally cheaper than the naked which seems wrong.

Anyway hadn't appreciated how low the seat is on the faired version which results in too cramped a position for me to sustain on a longer run (getting old is a terrible thing).

Bike was in nice nick although the tickover was poor, guy said he had had the tank off and must have trapped/kinked a tube - don't know quite what to make of that but it pulled alright.

You just have to eliminate the possibilities don't you, my old dog didn't seem so bad after.