Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

Any pond lovers out there

In process of putting a pond in my garden any advice muchlt apreciated

you building it with pond liner or plastic shaped pond? What you planning on having in it and what sort of size?

Using the liner it's 6 foot long 4 foot wide Planning on having some koi carp in it building a waterfall into it will post pics of my progress when I can get on the pc

@sparky wrote:
Using the liner it's 6 foot long 4 foot wide Planning on having some koi carp in it building a waterfall into it will post pics of my progress when I can get on the pc

awesome! What we did with ours is have a gravel filter system for summer months, as that would clear up the water within a few days of running it! as well as having a normal sponge type filter system. Found the oase pond pumps were the better ones ( we had the 20000 in a 8x6ft 5 ft deep pond running gravel filter and skimmer ) , oh and if its a deep pond, pond vac can come in handy Smile
remember to give it a few weeks after finishing it and filling it up. Test the water regularly as well when you first set it up to make sure the PH levels are OK.

try filling with rain water you get green algae with tap water thumbs

Still a bit to do this was taken few weeks ago now

@sparky wrote:
Still a bit to do this was taken few weeks ago now

water for a start foflfoflfoflfoflfofl

It's a work in progress lol needs to be deeper yet

@sparky wrote:
It's a work in progress lol needs to be deeper yet

You stepping it? shallow end with plants and waterfall, deeper end with the filter etc?

Yeah plants down at bottom end deeper at other with waterfall at top end and fountain at bottom with a bridge across the middle got it pictured in my head will be nice when it's there in the garden with my koi carps in there

@sparky wrote:
Yeah plants down at bottom end deeper at other with waterfall at top end and fountain at bottom with a bridge across the middle got it pictured in my head will be nice when it's there in the garden with my koi carps in there

like this then :P