Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldfart

Ian Hutchy Latest

Just weeks after his brave return to Mountain course racing at the 2012 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy, Ian Hutchinson has confirmed he will not compete again this year.

However, Swan Yamaha team boss Shaun Muir said it is the right move to ensure Hutchy and the team have a ‘productive and successful season next year’.

Hutchinson made history in 2010 when he won all five solo races at the TT. However, his career was thrown into doubt just three months later when he suffered a serious leg injury while racing at Silverstone.

The injury left him on the sidelines for more than a year, meaning he missed the 2011 TT, and he only returned to racing in November 2011 with a heroic ride to third at the Macau Grand Prix.

Everything looked set for Hutchy to make a triumphant return to the TT in 2012, but his recovery was hit by another setback in January when he sustained a fresh leg fracture after falling off a dirt bike.

The Bingley racer battled hard to ensure he would make the grid for the 2012 TT, and he delighted fans by taking his place on the Swan Yamaha machinery.

Despite still struggling with his left leg, Hutchinson recorded a best practice lap of 126.76mph and recorded solid results in every race, including 8th in the Dainese Superbike and 6th in the second Monster Energy Supersport TT.

Hutchinson and the Swan Yamaha team had hoped they could build on the TT results, especially at the upcoming Ulster Grand Prix, but it has now been confirmed his racing season is over for 2012.

A team statement said an infection had been discovered in Hutchinson’s left leg during a routine check-up, leaving him with no option but to undergo a bone graft on the leg and then give it complete rest for the rest of the year.

The eight-times TT winner hopes that will be the end of his woes and he can come back to race-winning form in 2013.

Mr Muir said:

“It’s a huge disappointment for Ian and the team, but we have to make sure he is medically well and we will support him all the way through this setback.”

“Ian needs to rest up as much as he can and come back stronger in 2013.”

think thats what he needs to rest and get his leg right (well the best he can) and i will be there to cheer him on next year thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
think thats what he needs to rest and get his leg right (well the best he can) and i will be there to cheer him on next year

You and me both

Brave brave sportsmen and women i salute them all thumbs

i sure hope he get,s better , brave man , think i would call it a day

@madsod wrote:
i sure hope he get,s better , brave man , think i would call it a day
agree

was a bad break they wanted to take his leg off