Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
finger

This is why you dont over take on solid white lines

@Davehutch wrote:
lets hope he lives to have a good standared of life thumbs white lines are there for a reason

agreethumbs

Who was overtaking who....before i comment....its the innocent folk i feel sorry for travelling innocently abide all laws as for the other no sympathy at all...

@Stue11 wrote:
Who was overtaking who....before i comment....its the innocent folk i feel sorry for travelling innocently abide all laws as for the other no sympathy at all...

agreethumbs

The biker & 2 of his m8's were out for a ride.

The biker over took a car (over the white lines) on a left hand bend & hit the car head on

Agree with Stue, feel sorry for the innocent victims rather than the instigator.

That said, I know of many bike riders who consider that solid white lines only apply to cars and to some extent I can see the point, but not on blind bends....

A m8 of mine 2 years ago got stopped for over taking on solid white lines and had a ban & a fine. 6 month ban & £150 fine & was told that you can only over take on solid white if the vehicle is doing less than 8 mph or is stopped.

He was doing about 70 ish in a 60 & had over taken about 5 cars on the solids.

and thats the same reason why i wont go in the other lane even if it seems clear ahead.. 1 mistake, 1 car pulling out of a turning and ya f**ked.

@fr499y wrote:
and thats the same reason why i wont go in the other lane even if it seems clear ahead.. 1 mistake, 1 car pulling out of a turning and ya f**ked.

i only do it on mountain roads where you can see for miles and theres no hidden turnings or white lines or traffic thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

i only do it on mountain roads where you can see for miles and theres no hidden turnings or white lines or traffic thumbs

Fair enough if you can see a long way, but there is too many people doing on really twisty roads were you can't see round. Few times i've seen someone doing it and i've cringed in my helmet lol

@fr499y wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Fair enough if you can see a long way, but there is too many people doing on really twisty roads were you can't see round. Few times i've seen someone doing it and i've cringed in my helmet lol

know what you mean matt i dont do it on the really twisty bits im not saying i go mental or owt just makes a nice flowing line at sensible speeds thumbsthumbs

HORRENDOUS can only hope he recovers and enjoy some quality of life..
Have to feel sorry for the car driver--doing nothing wrong, and then WHACK,--- your life suddenly changes for ever.
I really hope they all recover well.
That looks a terribly dangerous place..

Were you actually there Finger?...must have shaken you. Shocked