Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

Stoner launches MotoGP attack on Rossi

Australia's MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has launched a stinging attack on Italian icon Valentino Rossi following Rossi's move back to Yamaha.

Rossi will saddle up again with Yamaha after a failed campaign with Ducati, on which Stoner won his first world title before switching to Honda.

Stoner has accused Rossi of failing to ride the bike to its limits and castigated the multiple world champion and his Australian crew chief Jeremy Burgess for boasting they could produce a Ducati on which "any rider could win."

"They ate their words from day one," Stoner said on Wednesday.

"Jerry saying that it would take him 80 seconds to fix that bike and that it was a simple issue and now they have had almost two years and have not made any inroads.

"Valentino obviously doesn't want to push limits and ride a bike that is not perfect, he has admitted that.

"Obviously he doesn't want to put the effort in with Ducati."

In his most recent race Rossi was eighth and 10 seconds behind teammate Nicky Hayden when he crashed out of the US GP.

In his first stint with Yamaha - from 2004 to 2010 - Rossi won 46 races and four world titles.

In a stunning back-flip Rossi is walking away from a reported $A35 million deal at Ducati to take a pay cut to return to Yamaha.

The seven-time world champion failed to win a race on the machine in his 22 months with the team.

Although now with Honda, Stoner remains a hero in the eyes of Ducati fans, having won 23 races and the 2007 world title with the red team.

There have been months of tensions with Rossi citing a lack of development work by Ducati engineers while he has floundered to master the unique style of the bike.

"I just feel completely sorry for Ducati that Valentino has gone there and done nothing but complain about the bike for almost two years," Stoner said.

"The amount of times that guy has had to eat his words is not funny, but people still forgive him for it."

Rossi will now have to take the backseat behind his rival, Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo.

"Our main investment is in Jorge and he is the No.1 candidate to be champion both this year and next year. He is our No.1 rider," said Yamaha MotoGP boss Lin Jarvis."

http://tensport.com.au/news/newsarti...k-on-Rossi.htm

Cant really argue with that....but its like most other sports in most respects youve gotta look out for no1 and thats what Rossi's doing thumbs a lot of folk think that all Casey does is moan and tbh he does come accross as a whiner, but having met the guy on a few occasions here near the borders hes just a guy that aint affraid to speak his mind hence why his fan base aint as big, i can only admire a man that speaks his mind and isnt affraid to do so thumbs Crt's and the way GPs in general are being run played a big factor on his decission to retire Sad this is meant to be the premier class of racing and when theres BMW's on the grid 10/20hp slower than a BMW i could puchase then somethings not right, imo there should only be Full Factory bikes and atleast 4 satalite bikes per factory thumbs and get rid of Crt completely thumbs

I have to disagree with you there stue Very Happy. Casey is just a moaner, He has found it difficult from the beginning that he can perform on a bike but get little recognition for it. Yet Rossi only has to breath and he's amazing in the eyes of many. Casey just throws his toys out of the pram when he is not happy, hence retirement, he will come back his ego cant handle being a nobody despite his massive success and arguable one of the greats. He has tarnished his own star in the eye of many with his moaning.

Guy Martin, ok road racer, not as well known as stoner outside the biking fraternity, too speaks his mind and yet is loved for it. In short Stoner is not a people person and that is his biggest down fall.

Yes, I'm a rossi fan boy thumbs and no i don't like Stoner, but i have massive respect for his talent just not him.

Food for thought!

Stoner wasn't saying anything too insightful though - VR going to Ducati was just an itch he wanted to scratch (aside from the dosh!) and TBH I though he'd do his time and then just jack it in - so he obviously still wants to win races.

TBH MotoGP has been losing it's appeal over the last few years for me - I watch the Moto2 and 3 races on iplayer and then manage just 2 or 3 laps of the big boys.

Must admit I enjoy BSB and WSBK more nowadays, I would prefer Rossi to go to WSBK with Spies,

Imagine
Rossi racing with Biaggi, Checca, Melandri, Haslam, Hopkins, Camier, Sykes Davies, amazing series.

I seem to remember that Stoner won his championships on a trellis framed Ducati. He had little success with the carbon one and then jumped ship to Honda. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!.

Feel sorry for Crutchlow. Personally I think he would be better staying put for another season. Riding a 'junior team' Duke even if it is a supposedly 'factory bike' will give him little comfort.

I have to disagree with you there stue Very Happy. Casey is just a moaner, He has found it difficult from the beginning that he can perform on a bike but get little recognition for it. Yet Rossi only has to breath and he's amazing in the eyes of many. Casey just throws his toys out of the pram when he is not happy, hence retirement, he will come back his ego cant handle being a nobody despite his massive success and arguable one of the greats. He has tarnished his own star in the eye of many with his moaning.

Guy Martin, ok road racer, not as well known as stoner outside the biking fraternity, too speaks his mind and yet is loved for it. In short Stoner is not a people person and that is his biggest down fall.

Yes, I'm a rossi fan boy thumbs and no i don't like Stoner, but i have massive respect for his talent just not him.

Food for thought!
In the eye of the worlds public he will be always rememberd as Stoner the moaner and he knows that himself...and tbh he dosen't care...thats just him, hes set out to do what he wanted to do and as lived away from home since the age of 12 but surely as a race fan of gps youve got to agree that crts are a waste of time and shouldnt be on the grid... but each to there own hey, thumbs and as for him worrying about getting recongnition that really doesn't bother him as you rightly said hes not a peoples person so having the recongnition of race fans wouldnt bother him thumbs Rossi agree how can you not like him hes just one of thoes racers youve got to admire, thumbs

Must admit I enjoy BSB and WSBK more nowadays, I would prefer Rossi to go to WSBK with Spies,

Imagine
Rossi racing with Biaggi, Checca, Melandri, Haslam, Hopkins, Camier, Sykes Davies, amazing series.
Rossi and Biaggi now that would be interesting agree

@Stue11 wrote:

CRT's I can see the ultimate goal. To increase the grid No's and entice more manufacturers but I have to agree with you. Currently, there is no place for CRT's the grid should be all or nothing. I truly believe Moto GP is on a downward spiral. It upsets me as I remember the early 2000s to 2007 as a golden era similar to that of the late 90's in WSBK. I think WSBK will soon become the top level rather than Moto GP

Food for thought!
In the eye of the worlds public he will be always rememberd as Stoner the moaner and he knows that himself...and tbh he dosen't care...thats just him, hes set out to do what he wanted to do and as lived away from home since the age of 12 but surely as a race fan of gps youve got to agree that crts are a waste of time and shouldnt be on the grid... but each to there own hey, thumbs and as for him worrying about getting recongnition that really doesn't bother him as you rightly said hes not a peoples person so having the recongnition of race fans wouldnt bother him thumbs Rossi agree how can you not like him hes just one of thoes racers youve got to admire, thumbs

I think its funny... Laughing

Rossi has won a lot more,
Earned a lot more,
Found a lot more fan's,
and done the sport a lot more good.

...Everytime Stoner opens his mouth he just
makes himself look a bigger Dick.

Small wonder so many oversea's (non-Australian) fan's
laugh at him and will be glad to see the back of Stoner.

Rossi will be followed with interest,
Stoner will not go down in History.