Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Trip to the Eden Project

went from Studley to Northampton, then a quick blast to Cheddar Gorge ( brilliant road through the gorge ) then from there to Exeter for the night. Yesterday morning we took a drive down the Cornwall to the Eden Project then back to Exeter for the night. Now back safe and sound at home Very Happy First time i went was the first year it was open, had to park on the hill side, and all the plants and stuff was settling down and a lot smaller than they are now! Anywhoo some piccies!

Cheddar Gorge

Eden Project

Looks like they grow there own herbs. Surrounded by a electric fence though i can't see why!

My misses stroking a giant wasp lol

packed light this time with camera equipment. Only the kit lens and my old manual ( pics with the circular bokeh ) basically bottom 4 pics taken with the old lens Smile

yeah lovely place, was a bit different to when i went 12 years ago when it first opened thumbs glad you like the pics there is more on my facebook, but not the full lot as there was over 300 pictures taken between me and the misses.

Some nice pics there thumbs . Last time was there was about 10 years ago, we were at Cornwall with the kids on Trial bikes. On a large scale all looks pretty much as was. May have to look at going again thumbsthumbs

Some nice pics there thumbs . Last time was there was about 10 years ago, we were at Cornwall with the kids on Trial bikes. On a large scale all looks pretty much as was. May have to look at going again thumbsthumbs

Aye last time i went was 12 years ago when it was first built. Remember the car park was all gravel up the side of a hill!

@fr499y wrote:

Aye last time i went was 12 years ago when it was first built. Remember the car park was all gravel up the side of a hill!

Sounds about right mate. Obviously they've changed it a bit since then!?!! Will get back there at some point!

I love Cornwall but never been to the Eden Project mainly due to I thought the kids would be board so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

@karlo wrote:
I love Cornwall but never been to the Eden Project mainly due to I thought the kids would be board so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Could be right. Mine were about 15 and 12 when we went and weren't too impressed. Mind you it might have had something to do with the Trial bikes being locked up where we were staying!?!!! I think a better draw than the Eden Project thumbsLaughingthumbs

Nice piccies..
My daughter lives only 3mls from Eden project..And me,--
I live about 8mls from Cheddar gorge,I quite often ride out that way, some lovely country-side.
It's surprising how we all take our locality for granted, Only once have I bothered to take a vid-clip, of the gorge.
I wonder if you'd mind me putting it on here?---
Not meaning to steal your thread...
I took this some time ago, riding my Sprint..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gv2uQ9j9tls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fine by me Smile love the gorge, cracking sound going through it on a bike Laughing

Next time your in the Eden project,
Spend some time in the Tropical Dome.

Thats what its like here at Xmas,
all day every day !! Hot and sticky.. Laughing

well you'd hardly go to the eden project and not go in the domes Laughing

Got to admit, they did close off the 'birds eye view' due to humidity! they do a yearly pass now which is good and the same price as a normal ticket!

coolpic, Cheddar Gorge is one of them places I have always wanted to visit but never had the chance. Looks really nice thumbs . Its right about places on your doorstep though I have Northumberland just to the north of me and always seem to head west to the lakes yet Northumberland has some stunning scenery.