Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phil read

any one had this happen

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg516/Phil_Read/th_20120917_163211.jpg?t=1347901884http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg516/Phil_Read/20120917_163158.jpg?t=1347901697
Any one had this happen, on the M27 towing the caravan with a mondeo,braked in traffic,not hard and the pad lining came away from the metal backing.I had to pump the brakes to get the pressure back and slow down.the pads and discs were only about 10 months old, and the pads were only a third worn.When changed the pads on both sides two of the others fell apart.Any one else had this happen.

take them back to halfords mate and create a right old fuss tell them youre writing to watchdog you could save someones life bloody halfords buying cheap defective pads and selling them as quality goods ill bet they werent cheap either

Seen it happen on bike front pads too, after a lot less miles - and not on a budget brand either. On the plus side, the place isn't likely to claim 'wear and tear' rather than admit to a manufacturing defect, so take 'em back thumbs

faulty goods id take them back m8 Sad i had some goldfren pads on my old bandit bloody things crumbled after a month and i rarely use the stoppers Shocked

@dick65 wrote:
faulty goods id take them back m8 Sad i had some goldfren pads on my old bandit bloody things crumbled after a month and i rarely use the stoppers Shocked

Just put some of these in my daughters bike Dick Shocked hope there ok affraidaffraid

@dick65 wrote:

Just put some of these in my daughters bike Dick Shocked hope there ok affraidaffraid

hopefully just a bad batch mike thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

Was advised not to buy Goldfren because theyre crap. Always buy EBC but careful of those on fleabay as some are fakes.

TheBiker46 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

Was advised not to buy Goldfren because theyre crap. Always buy EBC but careful of those on fleabay as some are fakes.

was a long time ago they may have upped there game now,and ive always used EBC organic for a few years now, i do get them on ebay but direct from the manufacturer thumbsthumbs

Same here. Theyre just as cheap going via EBC ebay website as anywhere else