Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

A Shaggy Rabbit Story

A rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman ‘Can I have a pint of beer and a cheese and ham toasty please?’

The barman is amazed but gives the rabbit his pint of beer and a cheese and ham toasty.

The rabbit consumes the beer and toasty and then leaves.

The following night he returns and orders a beer and another cheese and ham toasty.

The barman and all the extra other drinkers (word soon gets round) are intrigued as he orders the same thing again, consumes it and leaves.

The following night, the pub is packed and a hush falls over them when the rabbit walks in and orders his beer and toasty. As he finishes and starts to leave, a round of applause sweeps through the pub.

The next night there is standing room only as packed coaches arrive full of patrons. The barman has never made so much money. He has taken more in that week than he did in the past year.

Right on time, the rabbit walks in to the bar and orders his beer and toasty.

‘Sorry rabbit old mate, old mucker’ said the barman ‘But we are out of ham.’

The rabbit looks aghast.

The crowd has quietened down to almost a whisper as the barman nervously clears his throat and says ‘We do have a nice cheese and onion toasty instead.’

The rabbit frowns and says ‘Are you sure I will like it?’

The masses with bated breath is ear shatteringly silent.

The barman, with a roguish smile, says ‘Do you think I would upset one of my best friends? Of course you will like it.’

The rabbit says ‘Ok, I will have a beer and a cheese and onion toasty.’

The pub erupts with glee as the rabbit quaffs the beer and cheese and onion toasty.

He then leaves…………………….. NEVER TO RETURN!!!!

One year later, in the now impoverished public house, the barman has served 4 drinks all night, 3 of which were his own.

While he is wiping down the now empty bar, he suddenly sees a white form floating above the bar.

The barman starts to shake and says nervously ‘Who are you?’

‘I am the ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your bar.’

I remember you said the barman. ‘You made me famous!.’ You would order a beer and a cheese and ham toasty.’ ‘You packed the place out every night.’

‘Yes | know.’ The rabbit sighed.

‘You used to order a beer and a cheese and ham toasty but on that last night we didn’t have any ham so I suggested you have a cheese and onion toasty.’

‘Yes,’ replied the rabbit and you promised that I would like it.’

‘But you never came back, what happened?’

‘I died.’

‘From what?’

‘MIXIN-ME-TOASTIES.’ Very Happy