Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skikman

poundland coolant?

poundland is selling a litre of anti-freeze & coolant for £1.is it ok to use??

I personally wouldnt use it. For the amount a bike uses its not worth getting the cheap stuff. Dont be tempted to go more than 50/50 as you can get what is known as silicate drop out which can block radiator/coolant tubes. If you top up use a mix of antifreeze and water.

for a quid I would invest a whole pound and chuck it in the freezer for a couple off days, see what happens....

probably made of pigs p*ss. when castrol is £5.45 locally id rather pay that and its has a lifr of 3-5 years than get pundland and it ruins the engine, or eats away at something.

I wouldnt waste a £1.00,upto 60% of engine failure is down to coolant problems

get some good branded stuff and make sure its the correct type for your bike or car thumbs

tbf the halfords pink stuff is good. Had it in the kle for the time i owned it. Even had a bugger thermostat and no working fan. Never overheated in the summer, and didnt freeze in the winter thumbs

the coolant needs corrosion inhibitors in to protect the engine, i bet a quid the quid stuff dont .. Very Happy stick to a named product. thumbs

^^ agree.Might be ok for the old 60's 70's cars with cast iron lumps.Not our new fangled alloy jobbies thumbs