Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

may interest some people!!

okay so with crimbo money i got a fish tank, and thou some people may enjoy, im getting well into it and want a bigger tank now.

its only 30l but a deep tank, here when i first set it up

i then got 3 danios to start the tank off

nd once they were settled i got 2 white mollies, and a blue siamese fighter fish.

i then got a pleco and 2 crabs, ufortiatly after 2 days the crabs died. took them back and they gave me £10 credit to the shop but they said do a 25% water change first

and then due to what they owed i got a shrimp. matt (fr499y) told me its a bomboo shrimp. expensive bugger but seems pretty cool

not siure wont be any time soon. as my hours have been dropped at hotel to 9 whats crazy, so relying on this bodyshop job to sort itself.

i want anouther shrimp but at £9 i thought id see how he gets on first but i have enough fish for now. i want some neons, oe penguin tetras. but it would be over croweded so maybe is danios eventually die or something they will replace them, as their also small. thumbs

Nice one Chad we have a little biord tank and a few Reptiles as you all now thumbs

Looks cool chad thumbs ive just ate the fish we had Laughing

Chad, dont buy anything else.. its overstocked as it is. A single pleco needs a lot more than 30L even at 3", plus plenty of driftwood/bogwood ( they need wood to help digest food ) Betta needs a 30L tank on its own. betta, shrimp is fine but the pleco and mollies etc are seriously overstocking it. The ammount you have in there will need a 10-15% water change every other day to keep on top of the water quality, not to mention the filter maintenance. Looks good besides all that Laughingthumbs

shows how the pet shops lie, the mollies may go to dad in his tank, the pleco, hes a poo machine. the betta, seems okay, danios just swim around, i do want a bigger tank but funds dont allow at the min.

every sunday i have been doing a 1/4 to 1/3 water change.

dont use water straight from the tap chad let it stand for a few days in a bucket to let any chlorine evaporate

need to use tapsafe or some sort of water dechlorinator. Letting it sit doesn't get rid of chlorine ( They add more these days than they used to!! )

tanks changed bit of a move around, and i have ti keep truimming the plants i now have which are different.

and the fish have changed i gave the danios to a mate. and one of my mollies died while pregnant for soem reason. and my dad has a pleco so the tanks cleaner now

i got anouther female molly and a male, so i have 3 mollys, 1 fighter, 5 endler guppies the little fish, seem to just go around cleaning the tank eating small bits of food, my baboo shrimp whats grow, 3 shrimps i cant thing of name begins with y, had them 2 weeks, and have only just started to come out, but their interesting things, they have finaklly leanr the fish wont eat them. and a clam, i had 2 but one died a few days back, but was never right.

white female, and dalmation male mollys

fighter and bamboo shrimp

endler, getting a pic was a nightmare

betta

male moly

new female molly

the smaller shrimps, love algie waffles

the clam

betta

bamboo shrimp

a lot has changed now i have a few different fish etc.

however today i picked up a new 280l 3ft by 3ft corner tank Smile what is L shape

i need to get an external filter, and im selling or just put it in the garage the sump filter it came with! and i want to get this one all tidy and looking sweet Smile
pics will follow

update, after lots of money and hard work i got the new bigger tank up and running.

currently stocking a few new fish, and lost a couple over time etc.

rthe bamboo shrimp died but got one on the weekend, and he is a beast 4.5-5"

i also bought 2 gouriami and one died within 3 days which is a bummer :/

heres some pics

my new bolvian rams, do love these, hes not the most colourful but facinating to watch

this imo was a lovely looking gouriami, but it died in 3 days, and the golden one has fin, rott, definnatly never buying fish from dobbies garen centres again!!

and heres my little frog, many people said he wouldnt survive a week being slow eaters, especially seeing as he was blind, now he has some sight but is deffo blind on the left and partially on the right. ive had him 4 months now and he is still going strong!

nice one chad! looks to be a good size tank that.

Working on some updates on mine atm, twin LED light units as well as the co2 kit. If you need any plant cuttings, give me a few weeks and i'll get some off to ya Smile

@fr499y wrote:
nice one chad! looks to be a good size tank that.

Working on some updates on mine atm, twin LED light units as well as the co2 kit. If you need any plant cuttings, give me a few weeks and i'll get some off to ya Smile

you always say that :P

yeah i normally forget Embarassed i shall remember this time round! should only be a week or so till i got some i can send Smile

the big tanks got a fair few fish now bout i thought id show you these pair i got today, asiant soles. basically a flat fish, goggly eyes, and their mouth is on the side. very bizzar. saw them on my holiday in wales and couldnt get them local but place got them this weekend about 25 miles from home so i was off!!!

also my smaller tank i started with was sitting empty soooo, i decided to use these two to eat the snails that i cant get rid of from the big tank, two figure 8 puffers. wicked little fish, trying to ge tthem to eat clams and stuff but their adament on shrimps, worms and snails at the min! also try to bite you if your hand goes in the tank for any reason :/

and heres a little video of feeding time, poor shrimps didnt know what was coming :/

Great pictures/vid Chad Got rid of mine a few years ago cos didn't have time for the maintenance but do miss it, better than watching the telly and the tank doesn't show repeats! Smile thumbs 

Got any full tank shots yet Chad?

this is one of mine Laughing 

ill get one later matt

and been told 4-6" not a great deal is known about them, only freshwater sole you can get apparently. not a fan of the light, but my lights not on long due to algie, so in evenings you can see them out and about.

so ive closed my tanks down, got a 15l tank an running a nano tank, want to put a desk in the room and do more with the stickers and stuff when I get bored and it was times with looking after them etc

I have kept my 2 year old frog, and ive put 3 bumblebee goby in there and got this colourful little Siamese fighter.