Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

is this too good to be true?

went to the MCN bike show yesterday at the Excel center in London and there was a guy there giving these away for free http://www.bipsosbikes.com/index.html he said there was no charge,no subscription fees,nothing at all to pay as they are just launching it,so I got one.If its true I think its a damn good idea as I tend to ride on my own a lot and if I come off in the middle of nowhere I might be there for days.

But how does it know if you have come off the bike,I think theres an iphone app like this think jezza posted it

its just another tracker system,unless ive read it wrong

@lee wrote:
But how does it know if you have come off the bike,I think theres an iphone app like this think jezza posted it

I have the app on my phone what a p i t a
if i stay still for a few minutes it alerts the office Then they know how many cuppa's Im having censored

@lee wrote:

there is but it hammers the battery as it uses the gps,this box knows if your bike suddenly falls over while its moving then stays on its side for something like 10 minutes they contact your phone and if you dont answer or call back they send an ambulance.

@lee wrote:

there is but it hammers the battery as it uses the gps,this box knows if your bike suddenly falls over while its moving then stays on its side for something like 10 minutes they contact your phone and if you dont answer or call back they send an ambulance.

To me then this system is far better than what (Tracker) them selfs supply

thumbsthumbs

i had a simular app on my phone but it was bit of greif but this is how it worked,

it would notice a shake,

it would then detect if you were moving by gps, or if you had stopped

if you had stopped it have you a set timeto move or press a button,

and you ad a number that it rings to say you could be in trouble and then texts that number a gps code.

i found that the number i put it as kept getting phone calls if i stopped quickly etc. so gave up on it

Think I'll read the website info later on and see what the detail is. Given the price, may go for it. Will let people know what happens thumbs