Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Taylor leads

Cant see the inside of the leads but some of these use solid copper wire instead of the resistive type leads. Solid is better but does have the disadvantage of creating radio and tv interference unless resistive caps are used to counteract the copper cored wire. If they are resistive leads then they sometimes have a lower resistance to the voltage created by the ignition coils.

Personally I would only bother if I had replaced the coils with higher output ones (they have a different turns ratio on the primary to secondary windings) or had a faulty lead.

So what your saying is that my coils might not knock out a high enough voltage to pass through the taylor leads?

No your coils will be fine. All coils generate a reserve voltage in excess of that required to cause a spark at the plug. Its called upon when you accelerate for instance as youre putting more fuel and air in and the extra fuel could 'quench' the spark as its termed.

They are generally a better quality lead than the OEM but if youre not having any problems hang on to yer money as the improvement would be hardly noticeable.

TheBiker46 wrote:
No your coils will be fine. All coils generate a reserve voltage in excess of that required to cause a spark at the plug. Its called upon when you accelerate for instance as youre putting more fuel and air in and the extra fuel could 'quench' the spark as its termed.

They are generally a better quality lead than the OEM but if youre not having any problems hang on to yer money as the improvement would be hardly noticeable.

Having no problems so will take your advise and not bother with them. thumbs