Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrostedName

XJ6 Diversion F review

Well I have ridden the bike for well over a 1000 miles now so I thought that I would provide a quick review.

The bike handles very well, quick acceleration however is a bit sluggish when accelerating through first to second gear. Brakes are also a little spongy but not that bad really. Good seating position for tall riders like myself (6ft 4/5). All in all I love the bike so much. Very proud of it, Took some pictures today to accompany this. I bought myself a new helmet and tank pad too :Das shown in pictures.

ps look forward to seeing some of you at the meet soon!party 

pleased you enjoying the bike m8 , I also ride yamahas I have 3 Laughing thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
pleased you enjoying the bike m8 , I also ride yamahas I have 3 Laughing thumbs

Yamaha is best motorbike company in the world Cool anyone who disagrees is clearly gay hide

Thats what riding is all about..enjoying your ride even if it is a Yam hide 

Only kidding banana banana banana 

ones a thundercat 600 I bought for commuting but even I was shocked by its performance I seem to ride it for fun more than work duties Twisted Evil I might fetch it on the rideout its that much fun Very Happy 

Funny enough Yammy, today we saw a Yamaha 600  Divvy being pushed by a very red faced old gent. That must be how they are so good on fuel is it?  (his wasn't it had run out)  lol!  seriously though it was a very old tired mk1 example and yes we did stop to help thumbs  absolutely love yours Yammy  but think I'd be fitting a hugger to protect that shock but that's just personal choice  thumbs  thumbs

I had a Thundercat it was a great bike, I just didn't like the handlebar position, being 6ft 4 it hurt my hand e.t.c lol.

@dick65 wrote:
ones a thundercat 600 I bought for commuting but even I was shocked by its performance I seem to ride it for fun more than work duties Twisted Evil I might fetch it on the rideout  its that much fun Very Happy 

Must be great to have a choice of some stunningly clean original bikes Dick! Cool  thumbs 

Funny enough Yammy, today we saw a Yamaha 600  Divvy being pushed by a very red faced old gent. That must be how they are so good on fuel is it?  (his wasn't it had run out)  lol!  seriously though it was a very old tired mk1 example and yes we did stop to help thumbs  absolutely love yours Yammy  but think I'd be fitting a hugger to protect that shock but that's just personal choice  thumbs  thumbs

Are the huggers expensive? easy to fit? I am rubbish at anything mechanical Embarassed I do like the old divvys but the new ones are just awesome Very Happy

Yammy wrote:
I had a Thundercat it was a great bike, I just didn't like the handlebar position, being 6ft 4 it hurt my hand e.t.c lol.

im 5'9" and find its the most comfortable bike ive rode an upright sports bike Very Happy 
I agree with mike on the hugger ,what years the bike as I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XJ6-Diversion-F-ABS-11-Black-Motorcycle-Rear-Wheel-Hugger-New-Red-Fox-/141005513639?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item20d49563a7

Yammy wrote:

Are the huggers expensive? easy to fit? I am rubbish at anything mechanical Embarassed I do like the old divvys but the new ones are just awesome Very Happy

Just bolt on Yammy easy!  normally after removing the chain guard  and the ones Dick found look good quality mate! thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
Yammy wrote:

im 5'9" and find its the most comfortable bike ive rode an upright sports bike Very Happy 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XJ6-Diversion-F-ABS-11-Black-Motorcycle-Rear-Wheel-Hugger-New-Red-Fox-/141005513639?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item20d49563a7

Thanks mate, its a 2013 Yamaha xj6 Diversion F Fully faired.

I cant afford it yet though, do you guys reccomend getting one then?

Yammy wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
Yammy wrote:

When you can afford one its a good buy, protects your monoshock from getting covered in road -crap.

@dick65 wrote:
ones a thundercat 600 I bought for commuting but even I was shocked by its performance I seem to ride it for fun more than work duties Twisted Evil I might fetch it on the rideout  its that much fun Very Happy 

Must be great to have a choice of some stunningly clean original bikes Dick!  Cool  thumbs 

cheers mike Very Happy I do like my bikes reasonably standard Laughing  I was nearly tempted by a faired bandit last week thumbs 

Yammy wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
Yammy wrote:

yes m8 I have them on all my bikes it stops the worst of the road crap getting all over your rear end and shock thumbs 

Bandits are great Dick bullet proof motors just poor build quality saying that there is some nice examples about.......Marks selling his he nearly bought a z1000  at Rufforth today affraid
off topic  Sorry Yammy  Embarassed  Embarassed

that looks awesome! I will be getting a hugger for sure, quite cheap too really.

Yammy wrote:
that looks awesome! I will be getting a hugger for sure, quite cheap too really.

well worth it m8 thumbs 

Two things I always fit Yammy. Ones a hugger if theres not one as standard and also a fender extender for the front mudguard. Amazing the crap it stops from being thrown onto the engine. Glad youre enjoying the bike. thumbs 

Well worth fitting one makes it all look neater imo and saves getting crap all over as already pointed out