Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

This Sunday....

.....I might be going for a bit of a blat. Just fitted some Genmar bar risers on my ZZR1200 & I want a decent length of trunk road as well as some fun bits, need to see if the cruising comfort is better. I was thinking of the Whistle Stop Cafe at Whitby railway station. Up the A1 then either A64 past Pickering or the Driffield road towards Scarborough then along the coast. Not too fussed, but be prepared to cruise at speed for short stretches Twisted Evil Or I'm open to other suggestions.

Any takers? I'll confirm it Sat afternoon once I know the state of play with my work. Smile 

nice one alan if it wasn't so far i'd have joined you but think i'm off up Alston or Keilder water sunday ,enjoy m8 Twisted Evil 

Okey dokey. PM me your number-finally got a new phone but had a bit of a battle getting all my contacts off the old one. Embarassed 

What time you at the Whistle Stop? May meet you over there for a cuppa if you're up this neck of the woods thumbs  thumbs 

What time you at the Whistle Stop? May meet you over there for a cuppa if you're up this neck of the woods  thumbs   thumbs 

Not got that far yet Mike but generally leave Nottingham around 9, so that puts us in Whitby (dependent upon route) around 11 give or take. Be nice to catch up mate, hope it all comes together. Smile 

@Davehutch wrote:
Okey dokey. PM me your number-finally got a new phone but had a bit of a battle getting all my contacts off the old one. Embarassed 

done , is yours still the same ?

Yes it is m8

Think Sunday looks about 70/30% on, will let you know tomorrow afternoon. Smile 

@Davehutch wrote:

done , is yours still the same ?

Yes it is m8

Think Sunday looks about 70/30% on, will let you know tomorrow afternoon. Smile 
ok m8

I might have a dodge to Whitby on sunday for a cuppa, that is if I can sort the fueling out on the zed tomorrow got a stumble when coasting and a massive flat spotwhen you wind the throttle on. going to pull it to bits tonight and change a few things.

What time you at the Whistle Stop? May meet you over there for a cuppa if you're up this neck of the woods  thumbs   thumbs 

Not got that far yet Mike but generally leave Nottingham around 9, so that puts us in Whitby (dependent upon route) around 11 give or take. Be nice to catch up mate, hope it all comes together. Smile 

I'll keep an eye open tomorrow for information on what's happening. Fingers crossed it works  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs

@madcarper wrote:
I might have a dodge to Whitby on sunday for a cuppa, that is if I can sort the fueling out on the zed tomorrow got a stumble when coasting and a massive flat spotwhen you wind the throttle on. going to pull it to bits tonight and change a few things.

If you do mate let me know. Will meet you there. Hopefully on the Zed, would like to see it out and about thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

Jeez Dave, let me get in from work Laughing 

OK, it looks like Thunderbirds Are Go!!
Don't have to go to Middlesex as appeared likely, got them working over the phone. Dave, 9:00 am at J27 as before? Anyone else interested post up & we can make a different arrangement if need be. Smile 

Best go & put the bike on charge to be safe Wink 

Jeez Dave, let me get in from work Laughing 

OK, it looks like Thunderbirds Are Go!!
Don't have to go to Middlesex as appeared likely, got them working over the phone. Dave, 9:00 am at J27 as before? Anyone else interested post up & we can make a different arrangement if need be. Smile 

Best go & put the bike on charge to be safe Wink 
dont want to go now lol! 

see you in the morning m8 , mels not coming just me so we can have a blast Wink 

Given you lads are on a go, will plan to meet you at the Whistle Stop at about 11. Any problems and will let Dave know. thumbs  thumbs 

Sound Mike, look forward to meeting you. I was thinking of going out from the cafe the "wrong" way for us so we can head south on the B1257 into Helmsley, then maybe a tea break at Thornton Dale before the slog home. Might depend on the weather holding up TBH. Smile 

Sound Mike, look forward to meeting you. I was thinking of going out from the cafe the "wrong" way for us so we can head south on the  B1257 into Helmsley, then maybe a tea break at Thornton Dale before the slog home. Might depend on the weather holding up TBH. Smile 

Looking forward to seeing you there. See which way you head back, may join you for a section of the run. Will see you at the Whistle Stop tomorrow  thumbs   thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
I am up see you soon Alan

OK, got my coffee, just checking my maps to see if I can remember where Whitby is Shocked  got to go & fill up but no sweat on time, see you later dude thumbs 

Wow, great day's riding and I've literally just taken my boots off & it's pissing down! Very Happy Got to go out & cover the bike but it needs to cool down first.
Ace ride up, weather & traffic were both kind, apart from a stretch of the A170 but no real bother. Stopped near Scarborough for a stretch & a brew, Dave paid. kiss 

On to Whitby via A169 and into the station car park.

You might be sure I'd have one of these Very Happy 

Met Mike & his dad up there, and a couple of lads Dave knows from the B King forum.

They were kind enough to take us for a bit of a back lane blat before we headed home. Make sure you thank them for me Dave thumbs 

Just pulled off the B1257 to get a pic near Rievaulx Abbey-should have carried on to the car park but hey-ho, maybe next time.

Blinding day, Genmar risers are a massive improvement, but my arse still hurts. 330 miles is always a long way on a motorbike however you dress it up. And even more for Dave Cool

as Alan said , brilliant day , loved it , was a pleasure to ride with Alan thanks m8 , got wet through my last 40 miles or so but it didnt matter , yes 380 miles for me but loved it !!

looks like you all had a cracking day thumbs  I would have joined you but promised the lad I would take him out

glad you all had a good day ,i spent mine trying to sort my bloody fueling out ,sorry lads hope we can meet up somewhere before the weather turns shite.

@madcarper wrote:
glad you all had a good day ,i spent mine trying to sort my bloody fueling out ,sorry lads hope we can meet up somewhere before the weather turns shite.

Hopefully you got it sorted Ian. Itching to see the Zed thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

Bumped into Dave in Whitby today  Shocked 

Good to meet up with him and Alan, and a few lads from the B-King forum. Tea, bacon butty (or cob as they are south of Leeds Laughing ) and some apple pie  thumbs   thumbs   Cracking day and apart from an enthusiastic woman in a car, incident free   thumbs   thumbs 

Few pics of the Car Park