Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goferit

PERHAPS IT'S AN AGE THING..?????.

Can anyone tell me why,    When fettling Shocked on the bike or fixing owt, I drop a washer or nut or anything really...Shocked 
The bloody thing disappears into a 'black hole'------ never to be seen on planet earth again??????.

I lost two washers this affy, one after the other, they only dropped a couple of feet onto the floor, the garage is (relatively) tidy. but I haven't seen 'em since!!!!!confused 

They didn't happen to roll up your way, by any chance??.confused 

Wouldn't be so bad,but they are chrome ones for the screen....
NOT well happy.

YES----I have looked inside the frame surrender 

Oh---- I did find my sig, lighter that went missing some time back.   thumbs  

Grrrrrrr..soapbox

ive got one of them telescopic magnet things and just scrape it about under the bike bench etc better than my eyesight Cool oh and ive also got a couple of magnetic dishes very handy thumbs 

@Oldfart wrote:
Margarine tubs. Always works for me lol thumbs 

No  I think its definitely chrome washers he needs for his screen Den! lol!   sorry 
Its not just little things either, put a spanner or socket down turn your back turn back and its gone! confused

@Oldfart wrote:
Margarine tubs. Always works for me lol thumbs 

I'd prob' lose the tubs as well Oldfart-  Shocked -(don't seem right callin' you that..)

I've got a magnetic wot-not telescopic thingy,but the tray idea is a good one---gonna get one  thumbs 

p.s. I looked again, but still ain't found the washers..censored censored  things..Laughing

I did something similar last week. Cleaning the end can on the bike after the run down to Nottingham. Took the strap off the can and dropped the locking nut, no sign  scratch   scratch 

Moving my bike on Sunday before heading out, something was catching somewhere as I could hear something scraping. Stop the bike and look, there's the nut on the ground near the bike. I'm assuming it had fallen "into" the back wheel and had obviously come back out  Shocked   Shocked   Least this one reappeared  thumbs

Well I've joined the club. I'm doing up a '98 XJ600 for my son as a winter bike and I put the keys safe when I went to the TT. Yep cant remember where I hid them confused 
Now faced with replacing the ignition, tank, seat and steering locks and my chain lock.
Bloody old age twist  wheelchair 

@Oldfart wrote:
Well I've joined the club.  I'm doing up a '98 XJ600 for my son as a winter bike and I put the keys safe when I went to the TT.  Yep cant remember where I hid them confused 
Now faced with replacing the ignition, tank, seat and steering locks and my chain lock.
Bloody old age twist  wheelchair 

same happened to me years back was only when I changed everything the keys turned up Laughing  Laughing 

WHOOPY - FICKIN - DOO !!!!!!!!

Found the buggers

On the shelf????????????????/ Don't even remember putting them there!!!!!!!!!!!!

@goferit wrote:
WHOOPY - FICKIN - DOO !!!!!!!!

Found the buggers

On the shelf????????????????/ Don't even remember putting them there!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the garage gremlins, put anything down and turn your back and they move them.

There's loads of the little censored  in my garage