Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

a bit of a rant

Seeing as the forum has been abit quiet i think I will vent and feel free to comment. I live near burnley, next town along really. This week it was awarded an innovation award something or the other. Now, if and asshole had an asshole, Burnley would pretty much be it. I am astounded as to how it got the award when pubs are closing down, houses knocked down only for developers to grow grass and sit on the land waiting for prices to go up. It must have something to do with that mary queen of shops woman who came here a few months ago. I don't know where she went but she being a person of influence in government she may have given the nod for the award. There is nothing but temporary jobs, zero hour contracts and yes... those apprenticeships which are really slave labour. Why does any one need an apprenticeship (or if we can just call it a full time job on 100 pounds a week) in a factory???? Just go in, lift what you are told to lift , clean when asked to clean.
How about that new money making government scheme about on the spot fines for hanging on to lane 2 if lane one is ''clear''. Clear being the operative word as it will be down to the officers' discretion. Now this will come under driving with undue attention. if you ask me this is a recipe for disaster. Constant lane changing on the motorway means more blind spots not being checked. Especially over the left shoulder of a car driver. Just what is wrong with plodding along at a respectable 65-70 on lane 2 if there is a 3rd lane ?? HGVs utilise lane 1 majority of the time and do about 55-60 mph. Surely if smoother driving is better for the environment, the constant braking and accelerating as you move in and out of lanes will not help.
Now, why on earth did the government shake up the N.H.S. resulting in losses of jobs in the thousands only to now put aside 500 million to hire more nurses because A and E departments are in crisis.
Why mothball aircraft carriers and amalgamate ( which really was scale down) regiments when it looks like there are just going to be more military engagements.
Why give banks cheap money to inject into the economy when the amount of penalty they will pay for just keeping it is a fraction of what they will make out of it anyway.
Why take the risks of fracking when what ever cheap gas is found will first and foremost end up in international markets and if china offers a better price, we will not reap any benefits. Never mind that these oil companies will not pay tax as they are registered elsewhere and if they have to, a luncheon with H.M.R.C. will usually iron that out.
What was the point of marching into Egypt In january after the Arab Spring with business men and arms dealers just to withdraw those licences after when the government went rogue and started killing its citizens??

I'll breathe abit now

people like to lane hog. How many times have you been stuck behind someone in the second lane when the first is clear? Not being able to get out into the third because dick in his audi or harry in his bmw is doing well over 100 without a care in the world? I can see what you mean with not constantly moving over from second lane to first lane for the sake of a few yards when you will need to move again to overtake a lorry/caravan/that 40mph driver on the motorway.

what is it with audi and bmw owners. They can be a real terror at times. It's probably the middle management company car types that don't really give a toss.
On another note, are post men banging doors louder now a days or am I stretching this venting thing. I mean they really bang on doors the windows vibrate. I know they have had redundancies and they have to cope with a larger work load but still....

@obalanga wrote:
what is it with audi and bmw owners. They can be a real terror at times. It's probably the middle management company car types that don't really give a toss.
On another note, are post men banging doors louder now a days or am I stretching this venting thing. I mean they really bang on doors the windows vibrate. I know they have had redundancies and they have to cope with a larger work load but still....

Ive got a bmw wave 

Tobe truthfull boy racers do my fookin head in cos they all want to race a bike with there 1.2 plastic carsfighting 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@obalanga wrote:
Ive got a bmw wave 

Tobe truthfull boy racers do my fookin head in cos they all want to race a bike with there 1.2 plastic carsfighting 

Very true, last one I had was a Civic Type R. At 130 he pulled over and let me past. Think I need more "go faster" decals on my bike. They may get the message  thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Got a toy for beating the tits now fofl 
Without question mate  thumbs   Twisted Evil   thumbs 
I agree m8 Laughing 
and mike just get some go faster stripes Twisted Evil Laughing