Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skelly

This weather is shit....

yes it is shit. just about to leave for work this morning I noticed a pool of water on top of the kitchen worktop, fecking felt roof has only started leaking the barsteward . just been up there and cleaned and sealed a few dodgy looking joints see if that stops it until I get it sorted proper. although it has lasted 18 years which is pretty good for a felt roof, I doubt if I can get the old boy who did it again, probably not around anymore bless him he did a good job and blokes like that are hard to find now.

@Skelly wrote:
..that's it really
fofl  fofl    Oh! and looking outside today...............rain  rain  won't be long before the snow  arrives  Smile 
Ian 18 years for a felt roof is bloody good, hope your repair holds! thumbs thumbs

was talking to a m8 today and he reckons the best new stuff now is a one piece membrane scratch  it looks like I've stopped it leaking for now will see if I can get the winter out of it and get it renewed next spring.

@madcarper wrote:
was talking to a m8 today and he reckons the best new stuff now is a one piece membrane scratch  it looks like I've stopped it leaking for now will see if I can get the winter out of it and get it renewed next spring.
I would get it done as soon as m8 , this stuff you paint on is a quick fix , wont last

@Davehutch wrote:
@madcarper wrote:
I would get it done as soon as m8 , this stuff you paint on is a quick fix , wont last
your mate is right ian,Ive had that new rubber one piece membrane stuff done its a lot better than felt and has a better guarantee

you can buy it in kit form now and do it ya self thumbs 

its still raining here Sad 

hope you sort it ian thumbs 
yeah wet here as well but managed to avoid it this morning by setting off for work at 6.30 pitch black but good fun  and home before it rained Very Happy