Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

Fraud

Hi all

Today ive had a letter from the bank and someone has tryd to set a standing order up from my bank account every quater for £800 Shocked Shocked 

the bank have even sent me a copy of the form
my bank account details on it,and all there account details ect ect even the signature is a close match but not close enough to fool the bank

so Ive had to go to the police station this evening to report it and phone some fraud line this evening to let them know so it can be looked into

How the hell have these people got my details scratch 
Im very carefull when it comes to using my card cover the numbers up when using the cash points
banks statements through the shredder same with any mail even the junk mail

internet purchases done through paypal ect ect
don't do internet banking

is it possible my details could have been sold on from another party confused

Has this ever happened to any of you
Ive done a credit check on meself and theres no other suspicious activity  

Check your computer mate?

dad some how got a spy virus on mums laptop once and it gave them access to so many details they tried it on.

they all find ways, thieving scum bags!

Good point chad but wouldn't my anti virus stop that confused 

@lee wrote:
Good point chad but wouldn't my anti virus stop that confused 

hers has Norton security I believe.

he is lethal her work laptop has the schools high security and he got a virus on that, he doesn't go near my computer!

way we knew was it kept acting slow, and then the security picked it up a week or so later.

Other way is someone at a place that you have paid via card have took the details down. remember on watchdog where people even in Tesco cloned customers cards etc?

sorry to hear that lee there devious censored m8
you checked everythings up to date on your comp?

@Davehutch wrote:
bloody hell m8 , don't it make you mad , don't know too much about it , be carful Lee its too hard ernt m8

tell me about it first time anything like this has happened

@dick65 wrote:
sorry to hear that lee there devious censored m8
you checked everythings up to date on your comp?

comps all upto date dick,scans every week and I do the odd one here and there

cant for the life of me think how they have got hold of them good job the bank were on the ball

some scumbag cloned the wifes credit card and they had over £5'000 worth of stuff off it before we were alerted ;we didnt have to pay but we had to sign statements and destroy the card ;we think it happened when we paid one of the kids car insurance over the phone Sad 

worse one my mum had was she sent a phone off on insurance and left the sim card in the phone. the clocked up a £500 phone bill buying stuff over the phone etc. but they caught the woman who worked for the insurance company calling her other half who was in Germany at the time with the army. Justice feels good!

hope you resolve the problem though lee!

F*/kin hell mate Shocked  Shocked 

Glad it was caught mate. Nice to hear something positive about the banks and people appreciating that their systems do work thumbs  thumbs 

I check my account fairly regularly to make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary thumbs