Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Bloody idiots this time of the year!!

Usually this wouldn't bother me as we all know what drivers are like, for instance, bad weather doesn't mean a thing and driving up your ass is a daily encounter! Anyway, to the story.

So i was taking my usually route to work this morning, which includes dual carriageways, country roads, some nice twisties etc etc, and this time of the year the farmers LOVE to plaster the road in mud. This chaved up car with a dweeb of a driver comes flying up behind me and stays what would seem like a meter at most away from my back tire, all the way through the 40 section ( which is were a lot of the mud is on the road! )

The first thing that goes through my head is, WHAT A KNOB!! I'm riding a small twin which drops mph's at the same rate as rpm's when engine breaking, i know that if i need to use my breaks this twonk isn't going to stop. So i decide to get a bit of distance as soon as we hit the national bit of road.

I pass the signs for national and open the bike up a bit to get some distance, and the idiot tries to chase me, now this is where it backfired for him! i know this road and i know some parts are plastered in mud and poop ( followed a damn tractor home last night so it was fresh and frozen! ) I slowed down before this corner on a straight, giving plenty of time for the douche behind to slow down and watched my mirror as this t**t purposely didn't and instead gave it some gas to try and overtake. BOOM! t**t looses the car on the mud and ends up snaking down the hill some how missing the cars coming the other way!

Moral of the story, Chaving up a car, lowing it and giving it shit loads of camber doesn't make it handle any better than how it left the factory. Oh and drive to the conditions of the roads, leave plenty of room for bikes and remember, this time of the year on country lanes there will be mud and poop on the roads!

theres always one idiot matt thumb down 
99% of my riding is on single lane country roads so know all about what you find on them Laughing  ive never met any traffic in the past week but this is deep rural Cumbria thumbs 

Theres always one matt I tend to slow down and let them past if conditions are bad rather than trying to gain distance as they think you want to race

@fr499y wrote:
Usually this wouldn't bother me as we all know what drivers are like, for instance, bad weather doesn't mean a thing and driving up your ass is a daily encounter! Anyway, to the story.

So i was taking my usually route to work this morning, which includes dual carriageways, country roads, some nice twisties etc etc, and this time of the year the farmers LOVE to plaster the road in mud. This chaved up car with a dweeb of a driver comes flying up behind me and stays what would seem like a meter at most away from my back tire, all the way through the 40 section ( which is were a lot of the mud is on the road! )

The first thing that goes through my head is, WHAT A KNOB!! I'm riding a small twin which drops mph's at the same rate as rpm's when engine breaking, i know that if i need to use my breaks this twonk isn't going to stop. So i decide to get a bit of distance as soon as we hit the national bit of road.

I pass the signs for national and open the bike up a bit to get some distance, and the idiot tries to chase me, now this is where it backfired for him! i know this road and i know some parts are plastered in mud and poop ( followed a damn tractor home last night so it was fresh and frozen! ) I slowed down before this corner on a straight, giving plenty of time for the douche behind to slow down and watched my mirror as this t**t purposely didn't and instead gave it some gas to try and overtake. BOOM! t**t looses the car on the mud and ends up snaking down the hill some how missing the cars coming the other way!

Moral of the story, Chaving up a car, lowing it and giving it shit loads of camber doesn't make it handle any better than how it left the factory. Oh and drive to the conditions of the roads, leave plenty of room for bikes and remember, this time of the year on country lanes there will be mud and poop on the roads!

sounds like a nob. gives people who have passion for modifying cars a bad name!

@dick65 wrote:
theres always one idiot matt thumb down 
99% of my riding is on single lane country roads so know all about what you find on them Laughing  ive never met any traffic in the past week but this is deep rural Cumbria thumbs 

Also known as The Lake District, or South West Scotland if you're from Kent thumbs   LaughingLaughing   Laughing

@lee wrote:
Theres always one matt I tend to slow down and let them past if conditions are bad rather than trying to gain distance as they think you want to race

I usually would, but the way he was driving ( sure he didn't know the road too well ) it was either me getting out the way or him taking me out trying to get passed!