Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

pc help pls

Last couple of weeks or so pc has been playing up big time  Sad Sad 

it wont pick me printer up,the icons on here dont move,it wont accept me back up discs

it wont restore to an earlier point,its all upto date
but this morning it gave up wiped all pics off system

loads of programs missing I after go on internet through clicking on start button finding google icon then getting internet from there all the shortcut icons have gone  scratch study 

does it sound like its knackerd even the writing on posts or anything else dont look right

should I just bounce it round the back garden with a sledge hammer  scratch 

Doesn't sound terribly logical-if a hard drive fails for example they normally fail at boot. I wonder if something is interfering with it.
How old is the PC? What operating system are you using?
Is your anti virus working and up to date?
Can you connect the hard drive to another PC in order to try and read the directory? You may be able to recover your pics that way at least.
Can you start it in safe mode? Could try downloading Malwarebytes and see if it finds any malware. It's saved me once or twice.  Smile 

Doesn't sound terribly logical-if a hard drive fails for example they normally fail at boot. I wonder if something is interfering with it.
How old is the PC? What operating system are you using?
Is your anti virus working and up to date?
Can you connect the hard drive to another PC in order to try and read the directory? You may be able to recover your pics that way at least.
Can you start it in safe mode? Could try downloading Malwarebytes and see if it finds any malware. It's saved me once or twice.  Smile 

pc is roughly 4 years old maybe older
done a full scan not detected any threats
its an acer pc running windows 7
can get me pics there in photobucket

its as if Ive just bought the pc and set it up for the first time anti viris is avg will give malwarebytes a go

see if that brings owt up thanks for the replys  thumbs 

bin AVG, get the microsoft security essentials, run malwarebytes and ccleaner. A failing hard drive wont just die on you, it will run slower and slower before finally giving up the ghost ( if you can put up with it long enough for that to happen! )

I usually find when they start acting up like this the best thing is a complete system restore, wipe the lot and start from scratch.

@Davehutch wrote:
I usually find when they start acting up like this the best thing is a complete system restore, wipe the lot and start from scratch.

agree 

Thanks for all the replys the comp is on its way out it wont let me do a full system restore

me mate had a look other night knows a bit more than me about them he reckons the driver is on its way out

Im just going to leave it till it dies the upgrade to a laptop

but thanks for the replys  thumbs