Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Controled demolition of the NHS

In the next few months the full medical records of every NHS patient in England will start being SCOOPED up directly from GPs' computer systems by an organisation called the Health and Social Care Information Centre. They "share" this information (including selling it), sometimes anonymised, sometimes not, not only within the NHS but also with outside organisations such as researchers and pharmaceutical companies. For your convenience the government has changed the law so that the Data Protection Act doesn't allow GPs any say in this and you will automatically be opted in unless you object.
•The NHS is sending out an extraordinarily thin "fact" sheet titled "Better information means better care" - not to you individually, but in amongst the Royal Mail junk mail leaflets, which you may just have thrown away. It doesn't include any opt-out form.
•For an alternative, far more comprehensive, and sceptical view of this, a Hampshire GP has set up a simple website. Unlike the NHS information, it includes an opt-out form.

http://care-data.info/

don't forget the insurance companies whom if they think you may suffer an epileptic fit, heart attack or you forgot to mention that aspirin you were prescribed in 1989 won't pay out or sky rocket your premiums

Shocked Shocked Ive just asked the mrs about it

you can go and tell your doctor/doctors you dont want to be part of it  thumbs 

@lee wrote:

ofcourse... for now. Then ten years down the line it will be harder to get insure if they can't fish out your records easily because you opted out. Abit like how experian cocks up your data and it a poor credit rating follows you around like a bad smell nowadays.

@obalanga wrote:
@lee wrote:

ofcourse... for now. Then ten years down the line it will be harder to get insure if they can't fish out your records easily because you opted out. Abit like how experian cocks up your data and it a poor credit rating follows you around like a bad smell nowadays.[/quote

How I see it

This scheme is set out so only the nhs have access to your medical records

so if you visit another gp or have to go into hospital they can see what meds your taking not a bad thing
as this will tell them what problems you may have had in the past

the dowm side to it as I see it theres a proposal
to let none nhs bodies have access to this information

which will include so much data you could be identified and this info could be sold on to the highest bidder

Do you want your personal info out there for every tom dick harry to look at not to mention been bomb barded by insurance companys ringing up trying to sell you something

I can see this being one big blunder

In the dying days of labour they did try to institute a similar system in which any G.P. could
access your information but that failed miserably and at considerable cost to the tax payer.
I think the company involved was sonos. Strangely enough it was the same company that had a couple of I.T. tenders on the go that turned out to be very late on roll out, ballooned costs and so many gliches that they were unnofficially ignored. I I just don't trust government or industry helping government out on some issues. I might soften my approach if they paid me each time my information was viewed by a third party, abit like a royalty. I can dream I guess.

@obalanga wrote:
In the dying days of labour they did try to institute a similar system in which any G.P. could
access your information but that failed miserably and at considerable cost to the tax payer.
I think the company involved was sonos. Strangely enough it was the same company that had a couple of I.T. tenders on the go that turned out to be very late on roll out, ballooned costs and so many gliches that they were unnofficially ignored. I I just don't trust government or industry helping government out on some issues. I might soften my approach if they paid me each time my information was viewed by a third party, abit like a royalty. I can dream I guess.

Have to agree. I think the cost was something like £329 million, then they binned the system. The "royalty" payment is an interesting idea. But then they would be able to identify you from the data  Wink   Laughing