Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

off for a service :)

bikes off for a service tomorrow, although doing 400 miles since the last service when i first got it, 600 now it was almost 2 years ago so thought i best get it all checked and an oil and filter change. taking it to bloke most of use local use at motoworks, one of the only people id trust to work on my bikes with some of the cowboys round here!

anyhow £64 for oil and filter Smile

unfortunately hes told me what to expect next year for the 12k miles service, needing valves doing, and a full service £360 roughly. pesky Italian bikes being high maintenance  Laughing 

yeah m8 like there women  Laughing 

lucky you aint got 20 valves  affraid 

@dick65 wrote:
yeah m8 like there women  Laughing 

lucky you aint got 20 valves  affraid 

yeah only 2 cylinders lol! i might creep to 13k by next year but ill get it done as the sun starts to come out Smile thought best get oil done as got hastings mayday, margate meltdown next month so bikes get hot in the madness of it all, then july is the forum rideout  party 

on the ninja he said £150 to do the valves and balance carbs! very well priced but does a good job! not a shop owns a workshops dedicated to doing bikes!

Italian bikes for you, They look good, they go well, they sound brilliant, but god do they cost a lot to fix!

Got a fault code. He reckons its the alarm doing it.

Also common fault. Clutch needs a re bleed i mentioned it snatched a bit. A common tuono fault he said oberton do upgrade ones

IF you can try diy , done all mine for years , love it and also i think you look after them much better  thumbs , you may need to buy a few tools but better in the long run ,

@madsod wrote:
IF you can try diy , done all mine for years , love it and also i think you look after them much better  thumbs , you may need to buy a few tools but better in the long run ,
thought chad did normally do his own  scratch 

@Davehutch wrote:
@madsod wrote:

thought chad did normally do his own  scratch 

bikes got full history dave so i want to keep that going. plus next years service is valves etc id rather not touch them on this bike, bit different on a bandit  thumbs 

if things break ill do it myself but just want the history with the bike!

least ya looking after it chad  thumbs 

@lee wrote:
least ya looking after it chad  thumbs 

also best to get everything checked over imo. 400 miles in 2 years so has sat a bit. also aprillia if they do go wrong as matt said have expensive repair bills so better safe then sorry.